Question for Frost...

This is a discussion on Question for Frost... within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I was wanting to send my ecu to you for a m/o tune but I have a question/s first; others ...

Red
    2001 Trans Am

Question for Frost...

I was wanting to send my ecu to you for a m/o tune but I have a question/s first; others may want to know also.

Can vats be tuned out too? And if so, will it effect my remote entry function?

While my ecu is out, I will be installing the Trans-Go shift reprogramming kit at that time. Have you heard of or had any issues with cars with TQ management removed/disabled with the Trans -go kit installed, ie: heavier springs and such. Do you have any reccomendations of what I should go with (select from the kit) with your xmission tuning.

Car is a 01 WS6 with small bolt ons and probably going to see 100-125 shot No2. Stock gearing 3:23 and on stickyish street tires.

Thanks.

red
    99 camaro

I had the frost tuning done this week and my car has the same gears as yours. Put it this way, on stock trans with full bolt ons I can leave 10ft black marks when I hit second and the tires hook good enough the only way I can spin in first is if I floor it from a dead stop. If I get on it from about 5mph it barely scratches the tires and just takes off. I too will be trying a 100 wet shot and praying for my trans and rearend.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Tuning out VATS is for swaps... it doesn't remove the BCM's key-pellet check.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

The PCM looks for a signal from the BCM that the VATS is working great and the PCM should enable the starter and fuel injectors.
    I was thinking if you tune out VATS, then the PCM ignores what the BCM is telling it about VATS and the engine will start like normal no matter what.
    Any thought?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

The BCM controls the starter itself. The PCM's fuel cut is secondary in case, for instance, someone tries to roll start a manual trans car or jumps around the BCM to engage the starter directly.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

aahh...I think your right. The BCM does controls the starter, not the PCM like I thought.

Thread Information