Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

which programmer??

This is a discussion on which programmer?? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Bearcat I recently purchased a Crane/Vinci tuner from a member on this forum. I was wondering, approximently ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
    I recently purchased a Crane/Vinci tuner
    from a member on this forum.

    I was wondering, approximently how much
    timing advance and air fuel ratio changes when using the perf/stock cam settings and also +10% power enrichment settings.

    Has anyone ever monitored these changes
    with a wideband or datalogger ?
    timing change will be 10% of whatever is in the cell of the timing tables. 2-4*

    the power enrichment is the same thing. the PE table for my car is set at 1.250. so, whatever percentage you use adds/subtracts into that. the factory stoich number is 14.62. take the two numbers and divide them into each other. 14.62 / 1.250 = 11.696 commanded a/f ratio.

    the dyno graph i provided in my previous post that shows a/f ratio shows what happens when going from stock tune (blue) to hi-perf/stock cam (green) then adding +10% power enrichment (red)

  2. #22
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    timing change will be 10% of whatever is in the cell of the timing tables. 2-4*

    the power enrichment is the same thing. the PE table for my car is set at 1.250. so, whatever percentage you use adds/subtracts into that. the factory stoich number is 14.62. take the two numbers and divide them into each other. 14.62 / 1.250 = 11.696 commanded a/f ratio.

    the dyno graph i provided in my previous post that shows a/f ratio shows what happens when going from stock tune (blue) to hi-perf/stock cam (green) then adding +10% power enrichment (red)
    Interesting.
    I went back and read this thread better.

    Thankyou for the explanation on those
    dyno graphs.

    What you're saying make complete sense.

    But...

    How were you able to determine that
    your PE table is set at 1.250 ?

  3. #23
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
    How were you able to determine that
    your PE table is set at 1.250 ?
    easy, i have hptuners and can see it.

    here's screeen shot of the PE table.


  4. #24
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    Wow !

    I see.

    Now that looks like a nice program.

  5. #25
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
    Wow !

    I see.

    Now that looks like a nice program.
    and can be very complicated to use.

  6. #26
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    I can imaging that program taking a while to wrap your mind around it.

    That program is similar to EcuFlash freeware that I
    used when I had my 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution.

    Well sort of.












  7. #27
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    well, might not be too big of a deal for you to learn then. here's the webpages i have been making about the hptuners program.

    http://www.fla-thirdgen.org/hptuners.htm
    Last edited by mrr23; 07-28-2007 at 05:51 PM.

  8. #28
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    That's looking good.

    I read your other write-up about the Vinci programmer too.

    Those are great contributions to our community,

    Your writeup is better than the instructions that came with
    with the Vinci programmer.

  9. #29
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
    That's looking good.

    I read your other write-up about the Vinci programmer too.

    Those are great contributions to our community,

    Your writeup is better than the instructions that came with
    with the Vinci programmer.
    yeah, pictures really help. i kept in contact with roger vinci while making the page. i've done some product testing for them on both of my cars. i had a hand in the final stages of the tuner.

  10. #30
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    yeah, pictures really help. i kept in contact with roger vinci while making the page. i've done some product testing for them on both of my cars. i had a hand in the final stages of the tuner.

    That's very impressive.

    Who does most of the R & D for those tuners, Vinci or Crane ?

    All in all I'm happy with the Crane/Vinci that I bought.

  11. #31
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
    That's very impressive.

    Who does most of the R & D for those tuners, Vinci or Crane ?

    All in all I'm happy with the Crane/Vinci that I bought.
    vinci spent about 1000 hours with about 28 different cars doing dyno and street tuning. crane provided the tuning guy.

  12. #32
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    vinci spent about 1000 hours with about 28 different cars doing dyno and street tuning. crane provided the tuning guy.
    That's excellent. It's good to know that alot of R & D went into those tuners.

    Props to Vinci for all his hard work, knowledge and due dilligence.

  13. #33
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
    That's excellent. It's good to know that alot of R & D went into those tuners.

    Props to Vinci for all his hard work, knowledge and due dilligence.
    my page is well over a year old. they have since put in tunes for the centrifugal superchargers.

  14. #34
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    Moderater please delete this post.

  15. #35
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    my page is well over a year old.
    they have since put in tunes for the
    centrifugal superchargers
    That goes to show how much of a newbie I am.

    Sweet.

  16. #36
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by kyemt View Post
    i say dialbo preadtor
    no.

  17. #37
    megs 02sunsetorangeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Decatur Tx
    Posts
    1,167

    sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

    i agree,^ thanx for all the help mrr23 and bearcat.

  18. #38
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    anytime. that's what we are here for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. re-programmer
    By onebadazzsrt in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 02:16 PM
  2. Programmer Help!
    By Cobra_Killer in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 06:57 PM
  3. Fs programmer/ Tci
    By speedracer1280 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2007, 02:56 PM
  4. Wtb 94 Lt1 Programmer!!!!
    By 2MuchFun in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 12:47 PM
  5. Programmer for '98 t/a?
    By 98eles1 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 07:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •