Thread: PO171 and PO174

black
    99 Camaro

PO171 and PO174

So the other night I got on my car and buzzed it up to 6k and about 5k I got some pretty bad pinging and then not long after I got out of the throttle the SES light came on. I pulled the codes and got PO171 and PO174 which makes since since it was pinging pretty bad. I have searched and read that most likely this is related to the MAF. My car does have 125k miles on it and from what i looks like its the original MAF. I have already taken some MAF cleaner and cleaned it but didn't seem to help. Even after I cleaned it the little sensors on the wires are all black and dirty. Now 2 days later I am also getting the SES and PO171/PO174 codes just from driving around town not just when I go WOT. What do you guys think, should I get a new MAF?

2004,2008 triumph 675 SE

If its that dirty still might be a good idea,you might want clean ur O2 sensors,they can cause the same problems,if you have a scanner you can monitior the sensors.

black
    99 Camaro

Yeah I will be replacing the O2 sensors also within the next week or so when I put my longtubes on. The O2 sensors during WOT though are only for diagnostic purposes and do not provide info that affects the fuel trim so that makes me think it is not the O2 sensors causing this particular problem.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

is hte idle a little higher than normal?

look at the PCV hose that connects the POCV valve to the intake on the passenger side neck. it's about 1" long. it usually burns out on the bottom side of it, thus creating a vacuum leak and leaning out the car.

other thing is the EGR tube that connects to the intake may have slipped out of place and causing a vacuum leak. pull it and reposition the rubber o-ring and reinstall.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information