98 Formula
    06 duramax

ordered hptuners tonight

finally got tired of jacking around with edit. It makes tuning a huge pain in the ass compared to hptuners. I was going over some wideband logs and trying to eyeball them to the efilive logs and said screw it and came inside and ordered. Now I have to find a newer laptop. It's like a vicious cycle. I am looking forward to getting hptuners and finishing off my tune. It's fairly close. I still have that damn slight surge at low tps cruise and still getting tons of knock under load even after working the ve table the last 4 tunes. I'm hoping hpt helps me fix those 2 problems. If I could get those 2 then move on to my PE stuff I would be done.....for now.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

did you order standard or pro?
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

ur gonna luv it. TRUST ME!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    did you order standard or pro?
    Pro. That's really a no brainer in my opinion. I just got done with the whole logging wideband seperately thing. If that was the only plus to getting the pro version it would be worth it. It'll be really nice to log the wideband at the same time. The black box logging is also something I'm looking forward to.

I keep hearing the HPTuners is better than LS1Edit, I need to tell LG Motorsports to buy that stuff, I hear it is more indepth tunning with HP.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah, hptuners is leaps and bounds above edit. All you have to do is just compare features to see that. Not to mention support and updates. Edit's last update that I'm aware of was 1.5 which was at least 2 years ago. I see they still charge an update fee if you send your cable back to have a vin added yet they haven't released an update in a long time.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    yeah, hptuners is leaps and bounds above edit. All you have to do is just compare features to see that. Not to mention support and updates. Edit's last update that I'm aware of was 1.5 which was at least 2 years ago. I see they still charge an update fee if you send your cable back to have a vin added yet they haven't released an update in a long time.
    Yes your right you are going to be happy with your purchase!!
    It will take a min to get used to the differences but ALL the added features make it well worth the learning time.
    Have fun I'm sure you will with the added power you'll find in your new tunes.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Pro. That's really a no brainer in my opinion. I just got done with the whole logging wideband seperately thing. If that was the only plus to getting the pro version it would be worth it. It'll be really nice to log the wideband at the same time. The black box logging is also something I'm looking forward to.
    yep. don't need the laptop to log. figuring out how to make histograms is another thing to figure out.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    yep. don't need the laptop to log. figuring out how to make histograms is another thing to figure out.
    I was planning on reading up on that tonight at some point. Is it at all similar to making the maps with efilives logging software? Seems kinda similar to making calculated pids with efi and comparing them on an x-y axis.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

pretty much.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

got it in the mail today but unfortunately had to work until 2am so nothings getting done tonight and I have a brake job to do for a guy tomorrow so probably not much tomorrow but I do plan on flashing my car back to stock with edit and doing a read and starting on the stock tune with all the stuff I know will need done. !egr, !air, !O2's, 3.73 gears, stall lock up speeds, misfire detection, and stuff like that. I'm gonna put a basic tune in first just to get it to idle before I start working the idle over again. I'm kinda dreading going through all of that again but hopefully what I learned from doing it with edit combined with the extra features of HPtuners will make this round go much smoother.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

let us know how it goes.

Thread Information