Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Ok I need some help again.

So I got my car tuned and everything was going great except from time to time I would go WOT and the car would bog real bad once it hit about 3500rpms (in first gear only) and it would drop all the way back down to about 3000rpms before it would catch again and would run great through all other gears. If I run the car from like a 30-40 roll then I have never had it bog on my it has only done it in first gear. I was getting TPS codes but I had those tuned out after I found out there wasnt anything wrong with the TPS sensor or the MAP sensor (it was just from the cam overlap confusing the MAP sensor so the MAP error min/max settings were changed I believe) Anyways at the same time as that the car was data logged to see if there was anything else going on. While it was being data logged the car was just held at a steady rpm and my MAF, MAP, and O2 sensors would all just jump at the same time. After that the voltage off the alternator was checked and at the same time all that was going on the alternator voltage would jump about a .5 to a full volt and it is only for a split second. Well the car is still bogging from time to time and my torque converter will not lockup and if it does decide to lockup then it will just randomly come unlocked and I am sure everything is related but I really just need to know somewhere to start on this. Oh also at times it will also have a somewhat rough idle and will stall on me on occasion.

Do you think a bad voltage regulator on the alternator could cause this?
    Would one bad sensor like the MAF cause the others to jump like that?
    Or is there a common ground I can try and hunt down?

To me it doesnt really seem like a ground unless the sensors are just the most vulnerable to voltage spikes at the rpm that the car starts bogging and misfiring at but I could definatly be wrong.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

if there's an amount of misfires, the computer will unlock the converter to reduce load on the engine. also, it won't allow locking either. with you having a cam, did the tuner set all the misfire tables to 32767? this effectively removes any misfire calculations. a cam with a fair amount of overlap will give out false misfires, which starts messing with the timing tables to correct the issue.

you may be having an alternator issue, if it spikes every once in a while. check the connections at the alternator.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

thank you. I will check all connections there and I guess just buy a new alternator and see what happens. I am starting to get a good amount of voltage fluctuation on the dash gauge now as well even when the car is at a steady rpm.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Now I am also having a transmission issue and I do not know if it is being caused by this sensor issue or not the car is turning into a big pile o shit i guess. would this be related at all?

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...61#post1027961

Thread Information