Thread: O2 simulators?

White
    2000 SS Camaro

O2 simulators?

I just install O2 simulators for my car. I was hoping this will turn off my service engine light. The light came on when I installed my headers. Anyone know how soon the light will go off? I'm hope soon, because my inspection is up.

You can reset the PCM manually to clear codes, but I wouldn't do that if your inspection is an OBDII check and due immediately - it'll also reset all your readiness tests. You can look up the codes and see how many cycles it takes to turn them off at gearchatter.com or just do some drivecycles like suggested at www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html If you know someone with a scan tool you could have them just clear the codes.

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    You can reset the PCM manually to clear codes, but I wouldn't do that if your inspection is an OBDII check and due immediately - it'll also reset all your readiness tests. You can look up the codes and see how many cycles it takes to turn them off at gearchatter.com or just do some drivecycles like suggested at www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html If you know someone with a scan tool you could have them just clear the codes.
    Thanks, I'll try it out.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by SS-Power View Post
    I just install O2 simulators for my car. I was hoping this will turn off my service engine light. The light came on when I installed my headers. Anyone know how soon the light will go off? I'm hope soon, because my inspection is up.
    where in PA are you located? I'm in Franklin Co. we have the yearly saftey inspection but no real emissions test here, 4 to 5 "drive cycles " should reset your computer. I know here if they jack your car up and see no cats they will fail you.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

also, is the light for the cats only? did you remove the AIR system as well? when you do a MIL light reset, the PCM stores when you did that. some of the readiness tests will not be complete for at least 50 miles.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Junior Member Acceleration Junky's Avatar

sunset metallic orange
    2002 Z28

What code/codes are displayed. I read that you just installed headers. Are they LT's? If your O2 sensors arent up to snuff they could be reading lazy now. If the code was for the rear sensors then after 3 normal drive cycles the code will shut off if the rear O2 sims are functioning properly.
    Last edited by Acceleration Junky; 10-05-2008 at 11:32 AM.

red
    2002 35th anniversary

you need to find out what codes you have before you do anything.putting on headers shouldn't give you a lite.ck all the wiring and plugs to make sure they are connected good and clean and the wire are not hitting the headers.i melted a harness on my headers.i have had simular problems with my 02 35th.i removed my syms and it got rid of the lite but im still getting codes 1133/0155.get them cleared after you find out whats wrong.don't do a complte scan because it erases the computer and you won't pass emmissions.

Thread Information