Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

O2 sensors

This is a discussion on O2 sensors within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Thanks firebirdjones just when I thought I found the cheapest price you do one better. I don't really have a ...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Thanks firebirdjones just when I thought I found the cheapest price you do one better. I don't really have a preference since I am not educated enough to have an opinion.
    There was a link to a site a friend gave me where they did a comparison of 8 o2's on a header to compare the accuracy however to get all the info I had to sign up for some mags.
    This is what I tried to read
    http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...tout/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Thanks firebirdjones just when I thought I found the cheapest price you do one better. I don't really have a preference since I am not educated enough to have an opinion.
    There was a link to a site a friend gave me where they did a comparison of 8 o2's on a header to compare the accuracy however to get all the info I had to sign up for some mags.
    This is what I tried to read
    http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...tout/index.php
    Your welcome. The beginning of that article leads you to believe that those sensors act differently from one another. I couldn't read page 2 either But I have read and been told by a couple of tuners that some 02 sensors send different frequencies or operate differently in some way. Some heat up easier or faster than others etc...
    Enough to cause a concern to touch up the tune?? I don't know that, I'm not that savy tuning with these laptops. But the critic in me usually wants to hook up the laptop and just check things.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Your welcome. The beginning of that article leads you to believe that those sensors act differently from one another. I couldn't read page 2 either But I have read and been told by a couple of tuners that some 02 sensors send different frequencies or operate differently in some way. Some heat up easier or faster than others etc...
    Enough to cause a concern to touch up the tune?? I don't know that, I'm not that savy tuning with these laptops. But the critic in me usually wants to hook up the laptop and just check things.
    One part in what I think was that article said the brands all used a part by bosch. Haven't heard enough bad about ac delco or bosch so I think I will go with the bosch's. My o2's are completely gone so I don't have to worry (for now) about my car not liking another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    One part in what I think was that article said the brands all used a part by bosch. Haven't heard enough bad about ac delco or bosch so I think I will go with the bosch's. My o2's are completely gone so I don't have to worry (for now) about my car not liking another brand.
    I can tell you I run Bosch sensors in mine, and my wifes car has ACdelco currently. Both cars run long tube headers. I haven't had issues with either sensor.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I ordered the boschs. Asked a guy here locally about that part # for the long ac delco's and he said they weren't that long. So A little more money spent.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I run the long Bosch sensors and one went bad I went back to pep boys to get a new one and it was replaced under warranty. So i love anything I can get replaced after a couple yrs for free

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    O2 sensor or MAF?
    I have stock size, screened MAF. I don't know how was MAF mentioned here? Narrow band O2 sensors were tuned.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    I have stock size, screened MAF. I don't know how was MAF mentioned here? Narrow band O2 sensors were tuned.

You stated that the "frequency" was tuned in your post. A narrowband O2 sensor's output is in millivolts. A MAF's output is in hertz (or frequency). That's why I am not sure what you meant by your post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information