Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O2 sensors

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

O2 sensors

I am looking to get some o2 sensors and wondered where is the best place to buy them. Any bad from any brands? Only heard one bad thing about the boschs but I know they come long enough w/o the need of extensions. Any one running wideband o2's? I know you can't post links so everything short of that would be great

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

headers or stock manifolds?
    And you can't run wideband O2's for front or rear O2 sensors. The voltages are different and the PCM won't understand the data. Widebands are for gauges and tuning software.

2000 Trans Am

If youre runninglongtube headers I would recommend bosch 13111 sensors. That particular sensor is made for corvettes but on an f-body, does not require an extension. I have been running them for years on different f-bodies with no complaints. Innovative products makes a wideband that can be run in place of the stock front 02 sensors but will require some work to make it function the way you want so we'll leave that alone for now. Welding in an extra bung is pretty simple and requires less tinkering.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Headers

Where do you guys pick these up? For the cheapest price of course.

2000 Trans Am

For the cheapest your probably gonna get pacesetters off New Era Performance. Ceramic coated they are aroudn $360 and just black they are $260. The black tends to flake off and rust a bit easier. I ran the ceramic coated for a few years with no problems. There are tons of options but that would most likely be your cheapest.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

be careful buying the low priced sensors...a lot of the time they are rejected from Q.C and sold by the bin to some of these discount stores..i bought mine from advanced auto...love it

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Asking where people picked up a brand like ac delco or bosch for the cheapest. Sort of like buying tires off of onlinetires vs. America's tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Look at her Moms ass.....it is more accurate than a crystal ball.....is this where I wanna be in 25 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Oh I forgot. You kids invented sex/drugs and rock n roll. We just wandered around holding our dicks waiting for you punk ass blowhards to come along and tell us what to do.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Asking where people picked up a brand like ac delco or bosch for the cheapest. Sort of like buying tires off of onlinetires vs. America's tires.
    summit racing

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Bosch 13111 sensors were around $73 each at Autozone. I have put about 1,000 miles on our car since installing them and have had no problems. As you mentioned, nice long harnesses too so no extensions are necessary with headers.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

I've tried Bosh, Densos and Delco all of them gave me issues with insufficient signal... I'm going to try NGK brand this time.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    I've tried Bosh, Densos and Delco all of them gave me issues with insufficient signal... I'm going to try NGK brand this time.

Headers? Extension harnesses?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I found a website called rockauto. The bosch sensors are just under $65. So whatever brand I go with I found the place.
    Don't like hearing your luck though bene

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Headers? Extension harnesses?

SW longtube headers with extension harness.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

SW longtube headers with extension harness.

Get the Bosch 13111's and ditch the extension harnesses. Problem solved.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

ky speed sells caspers 24 inches. work great so far

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    be careful buying the low priced sensors...a lot of the time they are rejected from Q.C and sold by the bin to some of these discount stores..i bought mine from advanced auto...love it
    where did you get that info from? I'm not calling BS.....I just have trouble thinking that a company is going to let it's product get sold if it failed QC. Even if it didn't meet their standards it still has their name on it. Maybe if it were cosmetic or something I could see but function wise I just don't see a company like Bosch allowing failed parts on the market.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    where did you get that info from? I'm not calling BS.....I just have trouble thinking that a company is going to let it's product get sold if it failed QC. Even if it didn't meet their standards it still has their name on it. Maybe if it were cosmetic or something I could see but function wise I just don't see a company like Bosch allowing failed parts on the market.
    they may not have bosch's name on them ..they also wont just downright fail...but may read a little low or such..get thrown in the scrap pile and someone buys them up..packages them and sells them at a discount

the shop that i take my car to told me that...i then double checked with my hometown mech. and he said the same..told me to always buy from either the manufacture or a trusted store like advanced or autozone

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Get the Bosch 13111's and ditch the extension harnesses. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by bene

The real fix is a tune to calibrate the freq of the O2 sensor through EFI Live or HPTuners. Frost fixed my problem when I was bolt ons but O2 sensor failed when I put in cam and heads. I need to retune it again.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The real fix is a tune to calibrate the freq of the O2 sensor through EFI Live or HPTuners. Frost fixed my problem when I was bolt ons but O2 sensor failed when I put in cam and heads. I need to retune it again.

O2 sensor or MAF?

I've never found the need to tinker with the 02 sensor switch points. It has been said you can change the switch point for a leaner cruising AFR, some move it to 15:1 or higher, but I found no real gas milage savings to warrant such a change, so I've left them at 14.7:1.

I run both ACdelco and Bosch,,,,both cars with extensions, and never had an issue. As a matter of fact, I'm buying another pair of 02's because it's time (past 50K miles) and I'll probably go with the Bosch again. Possibly this time the 13111's to rid the car of the extensions, even though they have been on there for a few years with no issues. I'm spending the money anyway so why not.

And for the record for the original poster,,,,the bosch 13111 sensor is not the only sensors out there that eliminate the extensions. They are for a corvette, and if you prefer ACdelco sensors that do the same thing...

ACdelco long harness part # AFS75 on Rockauto for $47.79 a piece.

Or you can find them on GMpartsdirect for $42.69 a piece.

#19178930 #25171579

For what ever reason, the vette sensors with the longer harness are a good $20 cheaper a piece than the camaro sensors. Doesn't make sense to me but that's how they list them. May as well get the longer ones, save $40 and rid yourself of the extension harness.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 09-27-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information