O2 sensor voltage

This is a discussion on O2 sensor voltage within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; So I have been running 100 LL aviation gas and now both of my front oxygen sensors have come up ...

Pewter
    1999 Chev Z28 Camaro,

O2 sensor voltage

So I have been running 100 LL aviation gas and now both of my front oxygen sensors have come up with a trouble code concerning the sensors heater.

What is the chance that both front sensors have the same trouble code? Makes me wonder if they are really bad. The back sensors are showing no DTC's.

The fuse is good.

There are four pins in the pig tail connector to the O2 sensor, A, B, C, and D. Which one is voltage for the sensors heater? And how much voltage?

Does the engine have to be running or can just the ignition be in the on position?

I have gone to that web site provided at the begining of the forum and it has really helped but the troubleshooting needs to be in every day terms.

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

Okay, I'm no expert but running Avgas will trash your o2's and cat's. It's 100LL. That's low lead, not unleaded. The lead that's added is to supress detonation, great for performance but terrible for emission control devices... So I would think your o2's are probably bad as indicated, and your cats probably aren't too hot either. Just my .02

red
    1999 Camaro SS

Yep, I agree, the lead content in that gas has ruined your O2 sensors.

Find 105 No lead in your area. Possibly, you can go to Sunoco for your gas.

Pewter
    1999 Chev Z28 Camaro,

I know, I know, I know. Avgas has more lead in it than your pencil. But please forgive me for running the avgas. It was free and smells good after burning I was just weak with the desire for one more tenth.

I would still like to know how to ring out the 6 pins.

Ermine White
    1964 Chevelle

well the good news is you dont have to worry about ruining your O2 sensors...so keep runnin it

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

Free but not the best idea as it's probably fouled out your O2 sensors. You may be able to clean them with B-12 and a brush but they may never provide a proper voltage indication again to the PCM.

Next time find some true unleaded race gas, takes some looking but we've got Sun 108 around here.

PS: Don't let any of it get on your paint.

Pewter
    1999 Chev Z28 Camaro,

Yeah, I cleaned them up and they are acting correctly. I am going to the local drag strips to find the high octane no lead stuff unless someone knows where there is another place to get it in the Dallas Ft Worth area.

Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    So I have been running 100 LL aviation gas and now both of my front oxygen sensors have come up with a trouble code concerning the sensors heater.

What is the chance that both front sensors have the same trouble code? Makes me wonder if they are really bad. The back sensors are showing no DTC's.

The fuse is good.

There are four pins in the pig tail connector to the O2 sensor, A, B, C, and D. Which one is voltage for the sensors heater? And how much voltage?

Does the engine have to be running or can just the ignition be in the on position?

I have gone to that web site provided at the begining of the forum and it has really helped but the troubleshooting needs to be in every day terms.

Pin schematic..........

Thread Information