silver
    2000 Trans-Am

new to site and question on programmers

i have a 2000 trans am and i was considering on getting a programer witch is the best bang for the buck

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site. Save your money and do a little research here before investing in mods. I think you'll find that a programmer (and aftermarket MAF) are things you'll want to scratch off the shopping list.

white
    2001 Sierra

Custom Tuning is most effective than a cookie cutter programmer!

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

NBM
    1998 Z-28

You want a custom tune at a shop, none of the superchips or diablo handhelds crap.

white
    2000 Z28

they speak the truth. most programmers lean out you air fuel ratio making power but the car doesnt run good when leaned out as opposed to a proper a/f set up.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I tend to think the other way on these. The amount of tuning you need is directly proportional to the amount of mods you plan. I think a handheld will work for some people that only plan a few minor bolt on type mods but if you go much past the bolt on stage then a full editor is the only way to go. I don't think you'll get the most out of the tune using a handheld in any situation but someone that's just doing a few bolt ons probably isn't striving to get the max out of the car anyhow. Just my 2 cents.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

To the OP can you be a bit more specific, do you just want to have your car tuned, do you have some mods already, what mods do you plan on doing, what is your hp goal and what you want out of the car. I dont see your sig thats why i ask but if your bone stock and looking to get a tune then id tell you to hold off and get a couple of mods done. You will still gain power regardless even if your stock from a Programmer but if your looking to get the best bang for you buck go with Frost, he is cheap, reliable and extremely helpful not to mention is excellent on getting the best power out of our cars.

If your going to mod your car for sure in the near future then hold off for a bit and get the tune done afterwards and it will compliment the mods you have on your car. Either way you can tune before or after its preference. If you have to buy a programmer then buy one that doesnt more then just tunning but also reads codes, in the future you might ditch your programmer and get a mail order or dyno tune but still can use your programmer for minor stuff if you have to buy a programmer now.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I did some research and wasnt really looking for this but found it either way, especially read the second paragraph.

http://www.camaroperformers.com/cama...ttle-body.html

Thread Information