New mods causing computer issues?

This is a discussion on New mods causing computer issues? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Over the weekend i deleted my egr and air in my 99 z28. Since then, more times than not its ...

Pewter
    99 Z/28

New mods causing computer issues?

Over the weekend i deleted my egr and air in my 99 z28. Since then, more times than not its having trouble starting. The engine is turning and it backfires before it starts. According to my research i was told that i would need to ground it out thru tuning. Is this true? Ps was gonna get a mail order tune within the next month or two.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 28Marcos View Post
    Over the weekend i deleted my egr and air in my 99 z28. Since then, more times than not its having trouble starting. The engine is turning and it backfires before it starts. According to my research i was told that i would need to ground it out thru tuning. Is this true? Ps was gonna get a mail order tune within the next month or two.
    you need to have the EGR tuned out as well or it's going to throw codes and hang shit on you...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

removing either of those shouldn't cause your problems unless they were removed improperly. Sounds like you didn't seal something up good when you removed them. What did you use to plug the manifolds and what did you use to plug the intake? What year is your f-body? Some of those air systems run into a T connector and you have to plug a line there.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

mail in order tune!!

Pewter
    99 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    removing either of those shouldn't cause your problems unless they were removed improperly. Sounds like you didn't seal something up good when you removed them. What did you use to plug the manifolds and what did you use to plug the intake? What year is your f-body? Some of those air systems run into a T connector and you have to plug a line there.
    I used a 1 3/8th freeze plug, and two breathers one on each valve cover fitment great on both, capped off throttle body where pvc went, 3 block off plates 1 on driver header, 2 on passenger header. Year 1999

not sure what you about the t connector part, could you explain a little bit more please?

Thread Information