Thread: Needing a tune?

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

Needing a tune?

Hey guys,

Quick question i'm wondering if i need a dyno tune. Mods are kooks 1 7/8" long tubes, kooks ORY 3" catless, Corsa cat back, transgo shift kit, volant cai, Fast 92mm intake manifold, fast 92mm TB, and electronic water pump (Meziere) I wanna tweek it a bit before track season.

Thanks

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

You would really benefit from a mail order tune. Unless you wanna pay 450+ for a full dyno tune. For 125$ you could get a mail order from Frost (www.TunedByFrost.com) and get much more out of your setup. Mailorder for your mods gets my vote.

Member name Frost here can get you more information.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

I never really understood how those things worked. Moneys no object. i think the cars going to be running very lean. Way more air then fuel. factory injectors still cool you guys think? Thanks again.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Factory injectors should be doing fine with your modifications. If money is no object, a full tune will probably yield more power. That's if you find a competent tuner in your area. I know for sure Frost would be able to nail a great mail order though. He explains how to do the mail order process on his website I believe.

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

Thanks HI PO i'll speak with flp and set up a full dyno tune.

Citrus(burn't) Orange
    2001 Camaro SS

well im gonna be ordering a TR224/224 112lsa cam and my other mods are: slp lid, k&n, smooth bellow, aftermarket MAF, LT headers, factory ls6 intake (i think), and well my question is would i be better getting a full dyno tune or contacting frost for a mail order tune?
    and how does that whole mail order tune work???

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Frost has tuned so many cars with just about all the possible combos of cam, heads, headers, intakes, etc, that he can reflash your computer with a tune that is close enough to allow you to drive around without much problems. In the case of bolt-ons only, he can get it pretty much dead on.
    I think with your mods he'll tell you he can get it close, but you'll still want a full street and dyno tune to get it dead on. If you have HPtuners, you can also do an email tune. Thats where you data log the car, email him the log and he'll send you a tune to load into your PCM. Repeat that process a few times and your car is all set. You should contact him.

Citrus(burn't) Orange
    2001 Camaro SS

im gonna look into it, thanks for the help

White
    1998 Trans Am

If you like to cruise around and not just want a 1/4 mile car go somewhere that the do a a street tune. My guy deleted the crap dyno tune since it was way too rich and losing me power, set a good base from his experiance and then put a wideband 02 on the tailpipe drove the car with the computer still hooked up and made a few adjustments at stop signs to raise timing and lean it a bit more then reset the shift points to 6100 rpm or so dialed back the tq managment and bumped up the line pressure and it was like driving a new car. We have similar mods so you should notice a big seat of the pants, I did especially after swapping factory 3.23 to a 3.73. Like a whole new car with the new tune. Last shop and their dyno tune sucked and I know more than a few who prefer more of a street tune since your not always at WOT your just wasting gas and the fumes will kill you with the tops off and windows down.

Thread Information