Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    $ 25,000 panty dropper VENOMOUS's Avatar

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

need tuning software WHICH ONE (FROST)

Looking to provise custom tunes for the Central Texas area. There are no tuners in at least a 100 mile radius of me and I as well as others are sick of having to drive to Dallas or Austin or Houston for a tune. Not to mention whether or not that tuner knows his shit. Please help!!!!!!!!

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I use HPTuners for 90-95% of my work and I am really happy with it.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Of course I should ask, what is your target crowd for tuning?

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

Get HP Tuners and learn to tune it yourself.

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Of course I should ask, what is your target crowd for tuning?
    It'll be mostly F-bods, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers, Trucks, etc. Mostly the big three manufacturers.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by VENOMOUS View Post
    It'll be mostly F-bods, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers, Trucks, etc. Mostly the big three manufacturers.
    Sounds like HP Tuners is your best bet.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

sounds like you are gonna need more than 1 software package for all of that...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

100 miles thats nothing - try 1000 miles from nowhere!!!

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

sounds like you are gonna need more than 1 software package for all of that...
    WOuld I be better off staying GM only and concentrating on the Vettes, F bods,Goats and trucks? HPTuners can handle all of this? What are the credits they talk of? It says you can only store 4-6 tunes? I want something to where I can tune multiple vehicles. Does it mean it'll only store info for that many and you can tune as many as you want? Sorry a little confused.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

HPT is software, it doesn't store anything. I'd be here forever trying to lay out the credit system. You can tune as many vehicles as you pay for with it. Why not hit their forum, questions like the ones you have are stickies.

HPT for GM
    SCT for Ford
    (unfortunately) Diablo for Dodge

They all work differently though the basics apply to all.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

HPT is software, it doesn't store anything. I'd be here forever trying to lay out the credit system. You can tune as many vehicles as you pay for with it. Why not hit their forum, questions like the ones you have are stickies.

HPT for GM
    SCT for Ford

yeah the credit system is soooo confusing..not looking forward to it when i buy it..i will just get unlimited tune for my VIN

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

HPT for GM
    SCT for Ford

I appreciate your advice. I already went to their forum and stickies before I asked for your opinion, there weren't any definite answers on there.
    So do you primarily do G.M.'s. Is the profit worth your time?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yeah the credit system is soooo confusing..not looking forward to it when i buy it..i will just get unlimited tune for my VIN
    each LS1 type vehicle costs two credits each. LS2 types are 4 credits, last i checked. once you open a vehicle, you can tune as much as you want. for 6 credits, you can open a particular year/model. i have 99 fbodies open (6) and 00 fbodies open (6). i can open any 99 or 00 fbody vehicle all i want for no extra cost.

now, the slightly confusing part is this. i opened my 99 car. cost me 2 credits. later on, i opened all 99 fbodies. costs 6 credits. for every 99 fbody i previously opened, they gave me half back (1 credit) to do so. instead of 6 credits. it cost me 5 credits to do so.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    each LS1 type vehicle costs two credits each. LS2 types are 4 credits, last i checked. once you open a vehicle, you can tune as much as you want. for 6 credits, you can open a particular year/model. i have 99 fbodies open (6) and 00 fbodies open (6). i can open any 99 or 00 fbody vehicle all i want for no extra cost.

now, the slightly confusing part is this. i opened my 99 car. cost me 2 credits. later on, i opened all 99 fbodies. costs 6 credits. for every 99 fbody i previously opened, they gave me half back (1 credit) to do so. instead of 6 credits. it cost me 5 credits to do so.
    ahhh i see...so you going to sell me your pro for 400 bucks then huh ?

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

O.K Frost and Others, I have the option to get a complete LS1 Edit form a guy yall probably have seen on here. He has been trying to sell it for a year or so. Started out pretty high and has come down since. He says it unlocks all LS1 vehicles from 97-04, I read the Sticky and says one person's opinion on EDIT. I would like to know if I would be better off with HP Tuners or something else for the price.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that price is definitely attractive. There's a reason it's attractive though. Hptuners and efilive both make it so much easier to tune cars than edit did. They definitely help you along more where as with edit you were on your own to figure it out or ask a bunch of questions on the boards. The problem with the questions is no one really uses edit anymore so there's not a bunch of people to answer your questions these days. There's also alot more focus on idle stuff with the newer software which helps out a ton on a cammed car. The same principle applies but the software itself is stone age stuff compared to what's out now. There's really no comparison.

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that price is definitely attractive. There's a reason it's attractive though. Hptuners and efilive both make it so much easier to tune cars than edit did. They definitely help you along more where as with edit you were on your own to figure it out or ask a bunch of questions on the boards. The problem with the questions is no one really uses edit anymore so there's not a bunch of people to answer your questions these days. There's also alot more focus on idle stuff with the newer software which helps out a ton on a cammed car. The same principle applies but the software itself is stone age stuff compared to what's out now. There's really no comparison.
    Thanks for the info Orion!!

Red
    2000 SS Camaro

Hp tuners

I tune mostly GM and us HP tuners, recommend then Highly.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    I tune mostly GM and us HP tuners, recommend then Highly.
    What's up John? Nice to see you around and hope you are well I'd still love an opportunity to get ahold of that Pewter car. That girl who got it form you still owns it and it is kept remarkably clean inside and out.

Edit could be quite useable if you also had/bought the HPT scanner-only package and you had a copy of excel handy.
    Last edited by Frost; 07-17-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Red
    2000 SS Camaro

What's up John? Nice to see you around and hope you are well I'd still love an opportunity to get ahold of that Pewter car. That girl who got it form you still owns it and it is kept remarkably clean inside and out.

Edit could be quite useable if you also had/bought the HPT scanner-only package and you had a copy of excel handy.

I would like to get hold of it also, wish I had it back, working on another project but will not start until spring. Thinking of doing a LSX build, for the 2000 camaro or the 2000 Ws6. I would like to come down sometime and see your car do you still have it ? Are you going to try and make it for the ride for pride, Sept 13.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information