Red
    04 GTO

Need Help tuning a MAF sensor

If anyone has a Maf table for a 85mm can i look at it, i just need a direction to start tuning this thing. I do have CAI connected to it and a ported throttle bodie if that helps. Its also on a 04 gto thanks guys, iam using HP Tuner

I don't have a larger MAF on either of our cars but have done alot of MAF tuning with HP tuner due to ported ends, removed screens etc...

All I can really tell you is that there are 2 ways to tune that MAF. You can use a wideband or you can use the fuel trims.

Most will tell ya the wideband is the most accurate and easiest way. I use the wideband for WOT tuning and just leave the MAF and VE table tuning to the fuel trims. Has worked for me at this point.

Every car is so much different in their own fuel requirements that there isn't really a set MAF table you can throw in and work. You would be lucky if you got something close. An experienced tuner that has tuned 100's of cars may be able to toss you something he has stored and get you close. The best way is to log and see where it's at and make the necessary changes from there.
    Frost would be the guy to see though. He really got me on the right track with my MAF tuning and helped me to understand what was going on.

Red
    04 GTO

okay thanks for the input my fuel trims are -4 to -5, i didnt know you could use the fuel trims to tune maf.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

You can use trims up to about 6ish KHz. The rest you must use the wideband. I'd recommend doing the whole thing with the wideband, and then re-touching down low with trims later. Command something like 12.5 ALL THE TIME in the OLFA table (make sure that PE is still comanding leaner or it will be favored) and calibrate the whole table at once. The reason to do that is it avoids a shift in commanded fueling moving from cruise to PE to allow more accurate data collection. This will help prevent a hump in the middle of the MAF curve that is in the area of switching to WOT.

There's no need to really start with a table, just start with stock and make the logged changes until commanded=actual. It will happen very quickly.

Thread Information