Thread: Need help

Red
    04 GTO

Need help

I have a 04 gto and the thing is throwing bank 1 and bank 2 to rich codes, all i have is a bigger maf, K N cold air, And switched from 2 chambers to 1 chambers, and a predator tune from this web site. So i took it to the mechanic i know and he ran it through his computer and it said it was running rich due to the exhaust. Now is there a way to turn the rear o2 sensor off. Or what do you guys think.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

why turn off the thing that tells you about a problem rather than fixing the problem? It is almost certainly the MAF that you are running. Try putting the stocker back on and see if it goes away. Really have no reason to change your MAF, and if you do, you need to have the car tuned for it. You know that it is the primary device metering fuel in your car, right?

Red
    04 GTO

I took the maf of and put the stock one back on, i unplug the battery over night, and when i was driving the car this morning it came back on and its the same codes.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

did you pull the code to be sure it was the same? Reason I mentioned the MAF is that the 85mm MAF has become very popular and leaves cars running FAT rich without tuning. Other than that, you have the possibility of a sticking injector, but that's out of the window because it's on both banks. What is the fuel pressure at the rail like when the code is set?

Red
    04 GTO

How do i check that, i really don't know a lot about tuning but what if i go in on the diablo and back the fuel and spark off, also i have my injector slope at -7 smaller. I have to go to work but ill check it the post when i get back thanks for the help in advance.

Thread Information