MSD 8733 two step for LS engines

This is a discussion on MSD 8733 two step for LS engines within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I just bought this and installed it on my 2000 Z28 M6 and I love it. I have a switch ...

Black
    2000 Z28 M6 Y3F

MSD 8733 two step for LS engines

I just bought this and installed it on my 2000 Z28 M6 and I love it.

I have a switch mounted under my clutch pedal so that when my clutch is fully pressed down the engine bounces off rev limiter at 2,300rpm it's like having a transbrake.

Also my son loves cutting donuts and so forth so I also wired a toggle switch so that when i'm playing in the industrial park near my house I don't have to worry about watching my RPMs.

If any of you want excellent launch control or just want to keep the RPMs down wile playing or even when you take your car to a shop to get tires or what ever, you can make it to were they can't go over a certain RPM BECAUSE who knows how they are treating your car while your not there.

Last but not least my car sounds awsome bouncing of rev limiter at any RPMs.

To me this is a must have.

Black
    2002 SS camaro

i got 1 man got mine set at 3500, sounds nasty when i sit at a red light an do it, love watching people hold there head!!!!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I know this is an older post but I just stumbled across these and did a search. Who'd you order it through and did it include set up instructions? I'm trying to get my mind wrapped around how it works and wondering if it would work in an A4 car. Seems like your clutch pedal was the activator.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6 Y3F

At first I had mine wired up to a toggle switch, so with the flip of the switch it was activated.

Then I bought a push button switch and mounted it under my clutch pedal so when the pedal was pushed to the floor it was pushing the push button switch activating the two step until I let off on the clutch.

For an automatic you can use a toggle switch or if you have a stall you can mount a push button switch on top of your brake pedal and set the two step to what ever RPMs your stall is.

If your using the two step for showing out in traffic ,burn outs,donuts, and so forth I recommend just using a toggle switch.

The two step only works when it has power to it.Also I bought mine on EBAY.

Hopefully I have been able to answer your questions.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Yes that answered my question completely. Thanks. I was just having trouble getting my head around it since all the information I've seen has been on M6 cars with clutch activated switches. I'm good now though. Thanks.

Thread Information