Awaiting Activation

black
    2000 Z28

More Power......

I Use A Hypertech III On My Z. Are There Other Tuners That Deliver A More Noticed Power Gain? If So - Which One(s)?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarjay76 View Post
    I Use A Hypertech III On My Z. Are There Other Tuners That Deliver A More Noticed Power Gain? If So - Which One(s)?
    most people agree that handhelds are not the best for power. They are pretty limited in what they can do. - fan temps, gear ratios, shift firmness. There was a guy on here who dyno his car with and with out his hpp3 and he actually made more power without it. lol

I wouldn't spend any more $$ on a handheld. A dyno tune is about the same price and you get a lot more power!!

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro SS

I had a HPP for my LT1 and didn't see any gain at the track or on the street. It will help your shifts in a stock automatic but I had a stall and shift kit. I would spend my $$ in something thats going to add more for your money. A dyno tune would be the best way to go and you will have the paperwork to back it up! But thats just me.

Awaiting Activation

black
    2000 Z28

Thanks for the input. I noticed a slight lag from 0-30 but then it seems to come alive better than before. I think a set of .342 or even .323s would really help my low end as opposed to the stock .273s. I too think it was an over-hyped waste of money.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarjay76 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I noticed a slight lag from 0-30 but then it seems to come alive better than before. I think a set of .342 or even .323s would really help my low end as opposed to the stock .273s. I too think it was an over-hyped waste of money.
    the gears would definately liven up your low end. The most popular for guys with autos is 3.73

the hypertech handheld only allows you to change about 10-15 items-Whereas a full blown tuner will allow you to chage any of the apprx. 500 items.When I do a basic tune with EFILIVE change about 100 to 125 entrys on an automatic and about 75 on a M6.That being said GM didn't leave a lot on the table anyway on the C5 and the Camaro/WS6.Typically I can realistically gain only about 15-20 RWHP on them. On a truck or SUV it's different. There is alot more you can get--approx. 25-30 RWHP.With an automatic however, you can make it go alot faster without increasing the HP at all, just by tweeking the transmission and TCC tables.I would estimate about a .40 second increase in the 1/4 mile

Thread Information