MAST mass air translator user please chime in

This is a discussion on MAST mass air translator user please chime in within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; seeking advice for my mildly modded 99 Pontica trans am LS1 cam, LTs, FAST intake. My WOT air/fuel ratio is ...

silver
    99 ws6

MAST mass air translator user please chime in

seeking advice for my mildly modded 99 Pontica trans am LS1 cam, LTs, FAST intake.
    My WOT air/fuel ratio is 11.5 and is pulling 2 degrees of timing (from 28 degrees at WOT).only Scanned w/ HP tuners.(I don't have access for any HP tuning changes)

considering a older MAST & a LC1 wideband to get more correct base settings to correct this (if possiable). to aviod the purchase of HP tuners which is costly am I'm not a tuner.

A link to a user manuel would be a great start.

Thanks
    Last edited by qwik219d9; 06-05-2010 at 05:26 AM.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

The LC1 is about 225-$250 and with it and the MAFT you can adjust your WOT AFR.

For $125 + S/H you can mail in your PCM and dyno sheet (or just the info you posted above) and I can get it adjusted. You won't need that much timing with the FAST intake up top either. I'd guess that's why you're losing timing; knock retard. For $225 + S/H I can just ship you a tuned, certaified, remanufactured PCM to avoid any down time. Let me know if I can help.

silver
    99 ws6

adjusted tune

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    The LC1 is about 225-$250 and with it and the MAFT you can adjust your WOT AFR.

For $125 + S/H you can mail in your PCM and dyno sheet (or just the info you posted above) and I can get it adjusted. You won't need that much timing with the FAST intake up top either. I'd guess that's why you're losing timing; knock retard. For $225 + S/H I can just ship you a tuned, certaified, remanufactured PCM to avoid any down time. Let me know if I can help.

seans to me the smart thing to do is have you adjust the base tune on the PCM I allready have.

?1.do you cammand the desired air/fuel ratio at all RPMs? and when it's corrected will it
    ilimitate the PCM from pulling timing?

?2.what is the desired WOT timing (w/ FAST78) I'm thinking if timing is taken out it mite
    feel like less power?

?3.do you tune the MAF?

I plan to be in the Fairfax, VA 22030 area in the near future if I bring you the PCM w/
    an appointment can I wait an observe while you do you're adjustments, and maybe learn a little
    about tuning.

Thanks
    Last edited by qwik219d9; 06-14-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Thread Information