Thread: Manual/auto PCM

Blue
    05 Camaro

Manual/auto PCM

Been doing some research, but would like some info reaffirmed as well as some new knowledge from some of you guys that are much more familiar with this than I am. The LS1 and LS6 apparently will take the same wiring harness with a break at O% for throttle by wire. And apparently after that as well. So my question is two fold. Does the same ECM work for both engines? And also can you use the same ECM for manual and auto trannys? LS2 seems to take a different wiring harness, but does it use the same ECM as the LS1?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

The ECM's for LS1's and 6's are the same. However it's the yr that the ecm was made prior to 04.

The yr breakdown of the ECM's are:

97-98 LS1 - Has smaller processor then the following and less detailed software. IIRC my tuner said that the software has broader data blocks meaning that on the following tuners can make finer adjustments in the tune.
    99-00 LS1
    01-02 LS1 Same ECM as the 99-00 but the software is different, more detailed.

Here on Frost site he says what ECM's come in what vehicles, it would be a good idea to contact him to get the best answers.
    TunedByFrost.com - Products

As far as I know the ecm's are the same whether auto or manual. It's in the software that they turn on or off the auto/manual features. The wire harness needs to be configured for the auto or trans.
    With the LS2 harness it's setup differently because the map sensor and some of the other accessories are located in different positions compared to the LS1.

Blue
    05 Camaro

Thanks for the info. I will contact him when the time comes. I had a suspicion that the ECMs were the same, but just a matter of wires hooked to them for the auto but wasn't sure.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

There are a few places that can take your harness and convert it over to auto or manual. The harness also needs to be convert to work with the proper ecm. 97-98 are setup differently then 99-02 harness.

Blue
    05 Camaro

Thanks, good to know. I was reaching my conclusions from looking at sites like Painless wiring. That is why I am asking the gurus

I have done some re pinning of ECM plugs

Thread Information