LT1 hypertech shifting question

This is a discussion on LT1 hypertech shifting question within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ok i set rev limiter to 5700 1-2 at + 2 mph and 2-3 at +2 mph and when i ...

Toccoa Ga

1997 Pontiac Firebird

LT1 hypertech shifting question

ok i set rev limiter to 5700 1-2 at + 2 mph and 2-3 at +2 mph and when i got on it it kinda hesitated on shifting into second but was ok but shifting 2-3 was a problem it wouldnt shift for a sec or 2 it would just hit the rev limiter back and fourth, and the wierd thing is that i looked at the rpm gauge and it was going all the way to 6000+ and i programed it at 5700 rev limiter? Any help would be appreciated!!!!
    Thanks Evan

1997 silver firebird formula
    A4 ,slp loudmouth, moroso CAI
    Hypertech programmer

Rancho Cucamonga

02' Z28 Vert

I have gotten the same thing from mines. When I go WOT from freeway speeds it kicks the rev limiter (6400) stalls a second then goes. I am trying to figure if it's the 1-2 shift or the 2-3 shift thats doing this. Last week at Irwindale (1/8th) I set my 1-2 to +4 and 2-3 to +6 with good results. That combo finally got me out of the 8.8 and into the 8.7 range. I also trapped at 2 mph faster. I also took that 1-2 shift change off for my street driving because it went into that red zone which I don't want to push on a regular basis. The 2-3 shift was backed off to +4 for street driving. Good luck on finding the right groove.
    "02 Z28 vert pewter
    lid,smooth bellow, ram air, k&n, flowmaster
    hypertech tuner, TB bypass,shortie headers,Hotchkins STB

Thread Information