Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lsx tune?

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Lsx tune?

What the hell is going on. I called LSX tune today and they said they are not even doing tunes anymore? I just got my gears and all my other stuff squared away and ready for my mail order tune. Ive been waiting to do this all winter and all the good stuff people say about lsx tune on here I was really looking forward to it. GREAT now my speedometer all off from the gears and I didnt really want to go to someone different. Does anyone know whats going on or maybe steve himself, anyone.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

your best bet is to get in contact with him directly. Frost

Silver
    2002 Z28

Yes, I have a p0106 code that needs adjusted a little for my tune from Frost and got this response:
    Our tuning services are currently on hold and are not being performed.
    Please check back with us at a further date or check our website and
    online store (Link: http://lsxtune.com/)http://lsxtune.com/ for updates.

Jennifer Pendergrast
    sales@lsxtune.com
    http://www.lsxtune.com
    Phone: (804) 767-1168
    Fax: (804) 433-3825
    My Z28 runs great but, I guess I need to find someone else? Or just keep clearing the code.

Electron Blue
    2002 C5 Z06

PM Frost directly. He is still doing tunes; in fact I just sent mine out to him today.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

i second and third that frost is still doing tunes and he is on his own now. You will have to contact him through here and he is pretty quick on getting back to you.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Hey guys, I'm sending PMs and emails now. I'm sorry for the confusion, an explanation is coming but beware, it's boring

Thanks everyone!

Black
    98 Z28

Yeah I sent my computer down there and (Ballenger motor sports) sent it back. Told me they just decided not to do them anymore. I was pissed because I had just sold my handheld. You need to contact Steve directly, I ended up sending it strait to him. He did a fabulous job on my mail order tune. Great guy to deal with.
    Last edited by Lethal Z; 03-23-2009 at 06:44 PM.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by slacker4321 View Post
    Yes, I have a p0106 code that needs adjusted a little for my tune from Frost and got this response:
    Our tuning services are currently on hold and are not being performed.
    Please check back with us at a further date or check our website and
    online store (Link: http://lsxtune.com/)http://lsxtune.com/ for updates.

Jennifer Pendergrast
    sales@lsxtune.com
    http://www.lsxtune.com
    Phone: (804) 767-1168
    Fax: (804) 433-3825
    My Z28 runs great but, I guess I need to find someone else? Or just keep clearing the code.
    can't PM you (low post count) so i sent you an email through this site. You drove all the way down here, I couldn't forget ya

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

well thats good to here your still doing the tunning. I'm just waiting to get my car out of storage up here in Minnesota. Got long tubes and castted y pipe with some other small stuff and would like to have mine tuned. Have a lid, filter, bellows, flowmaster, on a M6 and will be jet hot longtubes with there catted Y pipe, Any guess on the gains not to mention running condition.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I have nothing but good words for Frost!!!

Silver
    2002 Z28

I agree!!!!!

2000 Trans Am

deleted again............go figure.......

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I have nothing but good words for Frost!!!
    Sorry I couldn't say the same.......FROST will probably "request" for this post to be deleted also, i guess anyone can request to have someone elses post deleted which is kind of bull because if you were not a very good member, and someone called you out on it you could have that persons post deleted, just because..........? Guess if your a site sponsor you have that kind of pull.............by the way admin could you please delete post #6 and #8, thanks
    Last edited by clg82; 03-24-2009 at 05:25 AM.

Sunset Orange
    2001 Procharged Camaro SS

Steve has got to be one of the best LSx tuners.....I will not let anyone else tune my car
    01 SOM SS D-1SC Tuned by Steve: TunedByFrost.com

FQuick Garage 764 rwhp / 645 tq

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1 View Post
    Steve has got to be one of the best LSx tuners.....I will not let anyone else tune my car
    He'll probably ask for this one to be deleted as well but here it goes......I asked him to "look" at my computer since I thought I got a shitty tune from a different tuner (turns out the tune wasn't) He wouldn't even help a guy out and let me know if it was the tune.......he said nope sorry dude it's gonna cost you $125.00 even if it isn't the tune........thought he would have helped out an ls1.com member......turned out I was wrong......
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    He'll probably ask for this one to be deleted as well but here it goes......I asked him to "look" at my computer since I thought I got a shitty tune from a different tuner (turns out the tune wasn't) He wouldn't even help a guy out and let me know if it was the tune.......he said nope sorry dude it's gonna cost you $125.00 even if it isn't the tune........thought he would have helped out an ls1.com member......turned out I was wrong......
    that's what you're complaining about? That he wouldn't "hook you up" for free? How is he supposed to feed his family on charity? Steve has helped out a ton of people on this site and for you to come in here complaining because he wouldn't do something for you for free is rediculous. Post in here again trying to run him down gets you a vacation.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that's what you're complaining about? That he wouldn't "hook you up" for free? How is he supposed to feed his family on charity? Steve has helped out a ton of people on this site and for you to come in here complaining because he wouldn't do something for you for free is rediculous. Post in here again trying to run him down gets you a vacation.
    Don't get me wrong i know that all he does is help people out on here.......I didn't ask him to do anything for free I would have sent it on my own dime, and paid for him to ship it back all I wanted him to do was look at it and verify that my tune wasn't all jacked up......I don't think that would have cost me $125.00!!! No disrespect to frost at all...........

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I'm sorry that you are upset; I don't know what to tell you. I don't tune behind other tuners or fix their files. I start with the latest OEM revisions and I tune from there, just like all competent tuners do. I either tune the car or I don't, and likewise it either costs money or it doesn't. I told you that if for ANY reason that you were unhappy with the programming that I would flash it back to the same way it was when it came in the door and that I would refund you all of your money... that way if it "wasn't the tune" you wouldn't have to pay. You must understand that I can't work for free. Also I can't diagnose your car while I am holding your PCM, much like a doctor can't diagnose a leg condition from looking at a removed tonsil... That's why I tune from scratch, I KNOW that the calibration that is provided fits the build. Re-packaging your PCM and going to stand in line at the Post office to ship it back out involves significant time here in Richmond, you can't really be upset because I won't GIVE you time for free.
    Last edited by Frost; 03-24-2009 at 06:47 AM.

2000 Trans Am

I as you know don't know much about tuning, i just thought that maybe you could just plug it in, look at the tune on your laptop then unplug it and tell me if it is screwed or not ..............

Sunset Orange
    2001 Procharged Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I as you know don't know much about tuning, i just thought that maybe you could just plug it in, look at the tune on your laptop then unplug it and tell me if it is screwed or not ..............
    Steve is an excellent tuner....you can't expect him to take time to check your tune and ship it back for free.......In the end your tune is fixed and your car runs great.....he also offered to return your tune to the way it was and refund your money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information