Thread: LS1 Edit

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

LS1 Edit

I have an 02 TA and the only thing that I do not like is if i dont get into the gas it shifts almost immediatley into second gear. I Have been looking at the LS1 edit program. Does anyone know if it will allow me to tell the computer when to shift at partial throttle or is it only going to allow me to change the shift points at full throttle???

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ls1 edit is to tuning what a model A ford is to race cars......outdated. There are newer and better options out there for tuning. Efilive and hptuners are the 2 most popular. There are also the handheld tuners which the diablo predator and vinci tuner are probably the 2 most popular. All of those will do what you're asking. The difference is how much you can do with the car and how much time do you want to spend learning a tuner. The handhelds are very easy to learn but limited as to what they can do, the full editors are more complicated but the sky is the limit on the adjustments you can make. Your end goals and desire to learn to tune is pretty much what you have to ask yourself. Once you get into big mods like a bigger cam and such the handhelds start falling a short. If you just plan on bolt ons and things like that a handheld will work fine.

Blue
    2000 t/a

Quote Originally Posted by TopForm11 View Post
    I have an 02 TA and the only thing that I do not like is if i dont get into the gas it shifts almost immediatley into second gear. I Have been looking at the LS1 edit program. Does anyone know if it will allow me to tell the computer when to shift at partial throttle or is it only going to allow me to change the shift points at full throttle???
    mine does the same but in fourth gear,its anoying!

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Strongly consider a full tuning suite such as hptuners or efi, no handheld is going to give you the adjustability your loooking for.
    Support for HPTuners

Thread Information