Thread: loosing power ?

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

loosing power ?

got a problem, my 02 z28 is smoking crack.
    i can jump in it drive down the road everything seems fine pulls like a sob no problems, out of the blue it loses power gets extremely loud and backfires. the other night she wouldnt even hit 60mph! now i can get it home let it sit a few go back cranks right up and drive till it does it again. oil pressure is fine so i dont believe its internal i believe maybe sensor or something is bad????
    any help would be great ! thanks in advance.

hugger orange

are you getting any codes?
    it almost sounds like a very rich condition loading fuel up in your cats and then lighting them off....but im sure that it would throw a code. cat or o2 code

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The first few times it didnt throw a code but the last time it did. i looked for bad connections checked all cables and wires yesterday and started fooling with it, i noticed my clock was wrong. i figures the battery cable was loose so i get under the hood and sure enough it was. cleaned up the connections threw it all back together and cranked her up. drove her around an hour or so couldnt ever get it to act up again. so i guess that was my problem???? no engine light now i never did scan it before so if it does it again ill go do that. thanks friend.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by bamaz28 View Post
    The first few times it didnt throw a code but the last time it did. i looked for bad connections checked all cables and wires yesterday and started fooling with it, i noticed my clock was wrong. i figures the battery cable was loose so i get under the hood and sure enough it was. cleaned up the connections threw it all back together and cranked her up. drove her around an hour or so couldnt ever get it to act up again. so i guess that was my problem???? no engine light now i never did scan it before so if it does it again ill go do that. thanks friend.
    i would go get it scaned anyway. because if thats not the problem, you should want to know sooner rather than later.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by bamaz28 View Post
    glad it was an easy fix. low voltage can cause all kinds of odd problems with our computers.
    I agree with Crash, I'd get it scaned now anyway just to be sure

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Thanks guys

Thread Information