black
    2000 trans am slp edition

A little help here!!

Hello guys, i have a 2000 trans am slp edition, and want to put a chip in it to alter the factory computer settings.. I have no clue what brand to choose, any advice??

Red w/ silver Stripes
    2000 WS6 6 Speed

If it was me i would just go see a tuner and have him make the changes you would like to see changed. Most people i talk to that have installed or had performance chips has always took them back out and went to a tuner. Also try to find a reputable tuner, not just anyone.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I would never "chip" a car like ours. Rather, your best bang for the buck is a mail order tune from Frost. He does excellent work, is reasonably priced, has a quick turn around time and lots of satisifed customers on this site, me included. Link: TunedByFrost.com - Professional Tuning For Your LSx Powered Car or Truck On his site, you'll find a data sheet to download that you can list all your mods on.

black

Do tuners really make a difference? I was told by my mechanic that they add 25+ hp

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Probably depends upon your mods, but from a pure guesstimate I would say that a professional tune can net anywhere from 15 to 25 horespower. Tune it on the dyno and you can probably eek out a few more ponies by taking it closer to the edge. You also gain in driveability as the overall tune also includes transmission tweaks if you are running an A4.

Red w/ silver Stripes
    2000 WS6 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Probably depends upon your mods, but from a pure guesstimate I would say that a professional tune can net anywhere from 15 to 25 horespower. Tune it on the dyno and you can probably eek out a few more ponies by taking it closer to the edge. You also gain in driveability as the overall tune also includes transmission tweaks if you are running an A4.
    I could not agree more to these exact words. A well known professional tuner can set all diagnostics of the car to perform at the top and work together. When a chip or mechanical tuner can hurt or help your car. It also takes some knowledge or know how on what adjustment to make or be made out side of the pre sets. Also most professional/reputable tuners will stand behind their work and make changes accordingly to the customers satisfaction.

black

thanks alot everyone.. does anyone have a particular brand or link they could show me? because i am so clueless on what brand or product to buy

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Mail order tune from Frost. The link is in post no. 3 above, or may be found at the top of this page, or also on our sponsor page.

Thread Information