Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

KR during shifts

IDK what the deal is. No KR during a WOT run, then it shifts and I get 4* which then immediately go away. Is this a tranny issue or do I just need to retool the tune a bit?

Mine did the same thing. Is yours an auto? I was seeing about 2 degrees in the lower rpm areas right after a shift when the load was the highest.

Mine is an auto and I found with the stock gears and no torque converter it would really load the motor hard on the shift points,,,with a little knock retard and then as the rpms climb back up it would go away.

It would do it more on the 1-2 shift than the 2-3 shift. The gear spread on the auto sucks,,,,and the 1-2 shift is a huge drop, really puts a strain on the motor. Mine was also shifting a little bit early on the 1-2 and making the problem worse.

After raising the shift point to a more satisfactory spot I simply pulled 2 degrees out of it where it was accurring,,,,problem went away.

I am willing to bet once I have a loose converter in the car and possibly more rear gear,,,,it won't be as much of an issue.

Another possibility is you have something banging around and tripping the sensors. These motors rock back and forth pretty good while shifting.

Just for giggles, pull 5 degrees out of it where the knock is accuring and go for a ride and see if it comes back.

This might help narrow down the problem of "real" internal knock or false knock.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Just for giggles, pull 5 degrees out of it where the knock is accuring and go for a ride and see if it comes back.

This might help narrow down the problem of "real" internal knock or false knock.
    Since it shifts at 6250 and the points we can alter are 6400 and 6000, I went ahead and put everything from 6400 up down to 25'. And the problem went away. Now have you guys ever been able to eliminate the bog that sometimes happens when you floor it around 20 or 30 mph and spin into the 1-2 shift? Sometimes it just chirps them into 2nd like it does when they aren't frying but other times it bogs down and loses power, then begins building again at the bottom of 2nd - resulting in a significant loss of acceleration, ya know?

Thread Information