White
    2001 WS6

Angry Just want to let some steam out from a tune i had..

I had my car tuned a few months ago...
    couldn't get it tuned cause i had bad O2 sensors,and my knock sensors were going bad.. to fix the knocking sensors they were going to charge me $500 with parts and labor..so OK i replaced em with some densos and the knocking sensors my self...

went back and ready to tune everything check good...
    day 1: couldn't tune cause the springs were weak after 5500 rpm and horsepower drop... i needed to replace springs they offer me zo6 springs with 22000 miles" i said ok lets do it.. i was exited and wanted to get this over with..

Day2: tuning later on the day...

Day 3: pick up the car..to find out i gain 5rwhp with a dyno sheet..
    end up paying $700 cash..for a tune and springs
    i was crush i wish i never done it!!

now i have a 50 shot and went back to get a nitrous 50shot tune and i was told $300 ....i was like forget it!!!!!
    if i could go back in time i would have gotten a hand held!!!!!!

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7mmImportkilla View Post
    I had my car tuned a few months ago...
    couldn't get it tuned cause i had bad O2 sensors,and my knock sensors were going bad.. to fix the knocking sensors they were going to charge me $500 with parts and labor..so OK i replaced em with some densos and the knocking sensors my self...

went back and ready to tune everything check good...
    day 1: couldn't tune cause the springs were weak after 5500 rpm and horsepower drop... i needed to replace springs they offer me zo6 springs with 22000 miles" i said ok lets do it.. i was exited and wanted to get this over with..

Day2: tuning later on the day...

now i have a 50 shot and went back to get a nitrous 50shot tune and i was told $300 ....i was like forget it!!!!!
    what do you have done to your car???

Stock springs are a common issue so that doesn't surprise me. After a few thousand miles the stockers tend to have 60 lbs. at the seat or less, not good. That leads to poor valve control, lost HP, and eventually bent pushrods or even worse.

The 5HP gain sounds a bit weak, but without more details we can't help much. Posting a dyno graph along with anything else you've done to the car would be helpfull. There are many savy tuners on this site as well as pro's, that I'm sure can shed some light on it for you.

red
    02 trans am ws6

I had my super charged ls1 in my trans am pop two pistons on the dyno when the idiot leaned it out under boost. Ass kicker there was I still had to pay for dyno time. They let the tune cost slide...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

references references references..........really need to do your homework before picking a tuner.

White
    2001 WS6

I will post a dyno graph soon..i may have to kinda cover where i got the tune from just cause.. I just think/feel this place tends to the richer crowd with flashy vetts and such that can throw money around.. im just a poor dude trying to have fun smoking imports and cobras...

I have a 78mm TB, SLP U/D Pulley, Hooker 3" single outlet Exhaust,Elderbrock Shorty EGR..Yank 3300 SS conv ..

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Not to throw salt on your wounds or anything, but you could have done a mail order tune from one of our site sponsors - Frost for less than $150 and been way happier.

White
    2001 WS6

you prob rite cutlass...
    oh well...upgrading ur car is like chess... you always try to make the best moves but sometimes you'll get caught slipping..(IMO)

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

day 1: couldn't tune cause the springs were weak after 5500 rpm and horsepower drop...

All stock internal LS1's are cropping off by 5500... That doesn't mean they all need new springs (though there are cases). What was the seat pressure of the stock springs (this is what would have told you whether or not springs needed swapping)?

Full tuning for a bolt-ons 98-02 F-body including dyno time here is $375. If I can only wring 5hp out of a car (has happened to some of them over the years) then I reduce the cost. I had an LS2 vette last month that I could only get 5rwhp out of. I knocked $100 off of the cost.

A retune for nitrous; assuming it's 100% hooked up and working and I am ONLY tuning would be $200 here with dyno time.

The bottom line though, regardless of cost, has already been mentioned in this thread. Find out about your prospective tuner and their shop long before you hand over your $$.
    Last edited by Frost; 12-30-2010 at 04:42 PM.

White
    2001 WS6

he never mention the seat pressure but pointed out on the dyno sheet how the power drop.. i will scan dyno sheet soon..

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by badazta View Post
    I had my super charged ls1 in my trans am pop two pistons on the dyno when the idiot leaned it out under boost. Ass kicker there was I still had to pay for dyno time. They let the tune cost slide...
    Then somebody would be paying to fix my damn motor, since the idiot leaned it out and blew it just my opinion tho.

And op yea I have read to many times about this happening next time do a mail in tune with frost best I have seen from what people has said.

White
    2001 WS6

When i had my car tuned i had to sign a paper stating that my car is at 100% tip-top condition... i cant imagine how will i get if my pistons pop...i think the beast will come out of me!!...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

well, this is it guys.. what yall think?
    also its without my NX 50 Shot that i need to TnT soon..

you see where it drops... hurtful...

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I think your 1/4 mile time and mph shows that everything is working as it should. So that just goes to prove that dynos numbers aren't a reliable source of performance.

I agree with Cutlass.

For a car that just has exhaust and a converter, it's running damn good. That's nearly identical to how my 02 SS vert runs with the exact same mods.

Just shows that dyno numbers vary so much from place to place you can't compare, just know that it's a tuning tool and nothing more. The track is what really shows.

red
    2000 C5

Im in Tampa.

Who tuned your car?
    www.TampaTuning.Com

Meet us from 6p-10p at the Tampa HOOTERS located at 4420 W Gandy Blvd, Tampa. next date: JULY 13th

White
    2001 WS6

Tampa tuning ... I rather not say just cause im not here to promote or bash on no one..
    we all share the same drag-strip and i don't want no problems and shifty eyes around me..
    I just feel with the money i spent i couldn't brought my own tuning system and not pay extra money to go back and re tune minor things here and there..but on the flip side i wouldn't never find out about the "weak springs"...Idk...?

White
    1998 Trans Am

I know how you feel the 1st shop tuned my car after the lt's since I already swapped a ls6 intake and then never tuned my A4 and the car ran way to.rich but put down 338hp but I had my friend who owns a vette shop retune my car after that same shop forgot to adjust my tune when they installed my 3.83's a year later so my friend had me bring it buy to check it with his HP tune and found the fuel table wash Shit and no tranny tune. He hooked me up with a free retune just had to pay for the credit and after fixing the fuel tables and raising the timing and a tranny tune with no dyno we just took it for.a.couple rides doing a.street tune and it was a nite and day differwnce. More power and bettwr mpgs I was amazed and the tranny shifted Soo muchh better. Food tune makes a huge difference.
    Last edited by RyanJM; 01-05-2011 at 07:30 AM.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

I'll take a stab and say anti-venom.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Tampa tuning ... I rather not say just cause im not here to promote or bash on no one..
    we all share the same drag-strip and i don't want no problems and shifty eyes around me..
    I just feel with the money i spent i couldn't brought my own tuning system and not pay extra money to go back and re tune minor things here and there..but on the flip side i wouldn't never find out about the "weak springs"...Idk...?
    Not to bash anyone but is this tuning shop in Altamonte Springs area? or off Goldenrod area? If you can PM me where you went so i stay out of it. So far I only got small mods with no headers. I did Frost mail tune and I'm very happy with it. Thanks.
    Last edited by JayTA98; 01-05-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Thread Information