Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just got tuned today

This is a discussion on Just got tuned today within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 0rion I'm heads/cam. There definitely is a pucker factor everytime I launch the car. The tranny is ...

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm heads/cam. There definitely is a pucker factor everytime I launch the car. The tranny is the only thing I haven't upgraded other than a stall.
    Aye I cut 1.5's but to me that has alot more to do with the stall. Cam and 3.73's here.. And it does make for a pucker factor here. Heck I have heads sitting in the garage... To get the low 11's maybe or a high 10.99 or. 98... If not I have a bottle sitting in the garage also.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That could be. I can tell you I removed my torque management right after I bought mine. It's been 2-3 years now??? I upped the line pressure for shift points as well. Then installed a 3400 converter last year too.
    It's still kicking,,,,,,knock on wood.

I actually did this with the thought in mind that one day I'd pull the tranny for a full tilt rebuild anyway so I didn't care what happened. But the darn thing keeps on going
    I do have a large tranny cooler (i think 18"x10") 3,000 stall, 0 torque managment, just bumped line pressure up a hair (still 96psi max), and 0 shift delay.......utterly violent shifts, I love it and have beating on it daily for over a year now with absolutly no issues.
    you can figure your tranny will go when it decides to, so get a nice big cooler and change fluids and filter regularly (i change mine yearly)
    part you might want to save up for are a Beast clutch pack, sprag and input shaft.....for now mine is all stock and I will upgrade when I break something

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm heads/cam. There definitely is a pucker factor everytime I launch the car. The tranny is the only thing I haven't upgraded other than a stall.
    What do you run with your setup.. 60' 1/8 1/4 and mph trap??

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    I do have a large tranny cooler (i think 18"x10") 3,000 stall, 0 torque managment, just bumped line pressure up a hair (still 96psi max), and 0 shift delay.......utterly violent shifts, I love it and have beating on it daily for over a year now with absolutly no issues.
    you can figure your tranny will go when it decides to, so get a nice big cooler and change fluids and filter regularly (i change mine yearly)
    part you might want to save up for are a Beast clutch pack, sprag and input shaft.....for now mine is all stock and I will upgrade when I break something
    20-22000 GVW Transmission Cooler myself here.. I also have a fan switch. I can turn the fans on from low to high as needed...

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Aye I cut 1.5's but to me that has alot more to do with the stall. Cam and 3.73's here.. And it does make for a pucker factor here. Heck I have heads sitting in the garage... To get the low 11's maybe or a high 10.99 or. 98... If not I have a bottle sitting in the garage also.
    I ported and polished my stock heads myself and I think that made a bigger differece than the cam swap.....so get those heads on yours and test them out on the butt dyno!

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I ported and polished my stock heads myself and I think that made a bigger differece than the cam swap.....so get those heads on yours and test them out on the butt dyno!
    LoL butt dyno.. The guy I bought them from had the same setup as me.. And ran 11.1 or .0's in the 1/4. That is not saying I will. Heck we all know every car is not the same. I would be happy with a .3 or .2... I would then be glad to bottle into the 10's... Not trying to run low 10's.. Just want a DD that can run 10's on the weekend.

hugger orange

LoL butt dyno.. The guy I bought them from had the same setup as me.. And ran 11.1 or .0's in the 1/4. That is not saying I will. Heck we all know every car is not the same. I would be happy with a .3 or .2... I would then be glad to bottle into the 10's... Not trying to run low 10's.. Just want a DD that can run 10's on the weekend.
    I swear I WILL make it to the track sometime this year.....im hoping for high 11's but will be happy with low 12's.
    13.7 @100 mph last year, all stock, spinning all season 235s halfway down the track.
    this lots of weight reduction, a good set of 275's and head/cam with all supporting mods

hugger orange

last weekend I installed Eibach springs all around and replaced all the bushings with polys up front.
    this coming weekend I'm putting in all the rear poly bushings, and fixing/repainting the front bumper from where I curbed it (again).....the next weekend I have my son and the weekend after that I might make it to the track.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I swear I WILL make it to the track sometime this year.....im hoping for high 11's but will be happy with low 12's.
    13.7 @100 mph last year, all stock, spinning all season 235s halfway down the track.
    this lots of weight reduction, a good set of 275's and head/cam with all supporting mods
    Cool ran 12.5's with headers and 3500 stall only on 2.73's. Ran .00's with 3.73's and had one 11.98 but I could not back it up. Added a cam and went 11.52 with another set of 3.73's.. Understand my DA here gets in the negatives. That 11.52 was on a -1000 DA day..

hugger orange

Cool ran 12.5's with headers and 3500 stall only on 2.73's. Ran .00's with 3.73's and had one 11.98 but I could not back it up. Added a cam and went 11.52 with another set of 3.73's.. Understand my DA here gets in the negatives. That 11.52 was on a -1000 DA day..
    the GTO fund is down to about $50 now that I paid for all the suspension goodies, but long term goal (after a few other projects), is gutting with full cage and low 9 second that can still be street driven......i figure by the time I have the funds saved up I know for sure, but for now I'm thinking turboed 408 stroker......unless the price really drops on the 500ci kit

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

the GTO fund is down to about $50 now that I paid for all the suspension goodies, but long term goal (after a few other projects), is gutting with full cage and low 9 second that can still be street driven......i figure by the time I have the funds saved up I know for sure, but for now I'm thinking turboed 408 stroker......unless the price really drops on the 500ci kit
    Very very true. In Oklahoma A/C is a most during the summer.. And I like to listen to the radio or cd's.. I forgot to add that to the times I ran. Aftermarket here.. Eclipses head unit,focal speakers,kicker 10" and 2 kicker amp's. Which is a good 100 + pounds. Heck have to add the dynomat thats probably another 75 pounds. Again I am happy with a fully interior car. Let me add a cage, 6 point here the heads I have and the bottle I have. And lets give it a run..

hugger orange

Very very true. In Oklahoma A/C is a most during the summer.. And I like to listen to the radio or cd's.. I forgot to add that to the times I ran. Aftermarket here.. Eclipses head unit,focal speakers,kicker 10" and 2 kicker amp's. Which is a good 100 + pounds. Heck have to add the dynomat thats probably another 75 pounds. Again I am happy with a fully interior car. Let me add a cage, 6 point here the heads I have and the bottle I have. And lets give it a run..
    my battery is in the trunk with the quick disconnects, so I can have the 1000d amp and 4 mephis12" subs out of the car in under 5 minutes.....all of that put together is right at 100lbs....... I'll lose the interior, but I need at the least the cd player and two 6.5's to listen to Slipknot while in the staging lane lol

I added a cooler as well recently. I just stuck the biggest one I could fit in there and called it done. The covnerter is a 3400 fuddle that seems to work nicely. I also have 0 shift delay, played with some other tables and upped the line pressure to maximum, plus the multiply table too that adds more pressure Everything was about as high as you could go and I drove it like that for over a year. When I was having some fueling issues Frost offered to look at my tune and sent it back explaining the trans pressures were too high, which I kinda figured. You could say I was trying to kill this tranny I needed a reason to pull it out for a refresh and some beefing. But it just keeps working fine. I have since taken Frost's recommendation and tamed down the pressures a bit.
    Maybe someday it will break.

Black
    2002 SS

Very cool!
    would like to see what the magic bottle would do for your times

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information