GM LeMans/Luxo Blue
    2001 Firebird Formula

Thumbs up Just got Frosted!!

Just had my pcm tuned by Steve Williams at Tuned by Frost and am amazed at the difference! Love the chirp when it shifts from 1st to 2nd! No more AIR check engine light and the idle is much smoother. Awesome job! Best $150 I will ever spend on the car!!

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

What else did you have it tuned for?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

sounds like you had the basic tune from Frost. It's a big difference. Best money spent here also.
    I just noticed that your avatar pic has the other good side of my car lol. Nice vehicle

GM LeMans/Luxo Blue
    2001 Firebird Formula

You are right it was the basic mail order tune. I had the SES light from the AIR system that I couldn't fix so I wanted it tuned out. He also tunes out the rear O2 sensors. If your car has the EGR he also tunes that out. I wish I got this done before I spent the money to replace the O2 sensors! Those were almost as much as the tune. Transmission shift speed and firmness is changed. It shifts instantly into the next gear and is very firm even under half throttle. Hard enough to break the tires loose going from 1st to 2nd. Sounds like my old 1985 Monte Carlo SS that I put a shift kit and Corvette servo in!! He also does a bunch of small mods to increase HP!

JayTA98...our avatars do look like mirror images! I noticed that a few weeks ago! You have a great paint job! LOL! My '98 vert also has the same paint job. This one is a Formula...it's the ultimate sleeper!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

In addition to appreciating his impressive tuning skills and the services he provides, we are all very fortunate to have Frost with us here on the forum. He is a regular contributor who is always willing to share his knowledge and experience garnered from his years of tuning.

GM LeMans/Luxo Blue
    2001 Firebird Formula

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Add another to the many happy customers by Frost

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Pewter
    99 Z/28

on my to do list within the next 2 months!

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

One of these days I'm gonna get off my butt and get a tune from him too.

white
    2000 Z28

i think im gonna do it soon to see what he does for a stock motor car. any clue on whether he has discounts for just emailing the tune back and forth?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Thanks for all of the nice words guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    i think im gonna do it soon to see what he does for a stock motor car. any clue on whether he has discounts for just emailing the tune back and forth?
    It actually costs more.... Tuning via mail order (or a one-shot deal) is different than starting with something that will be tweaked on. Tuning through email gets you a base file (or files), cfg files to setup the scanner for the different needed logs, instructions on how to setup the throttle blade (cammed cars), instructions on how to log, and four updates.

Red
    1998 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Thanks for all of the nice words guys!!

It actually costs more.... Tuning via mail order (or a one-shot deal) is different than starting with something that will be tweaked on. Tuning through email gets you a base file (or files), cfg files to setup the scanner for the different needed logs, instructions on how to setup the throttle blade (cammed cars), instructions on how to log, and four updates.
    btw, the poster above you raised a good point. What kind of gains can one expect from getting a tune from you if the car is bone stock? Ever done that before?

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by SnIpEr View Post
    btw, the poster above you raised a good point. What kind of gains can one expect from getting a tune from you if the car is bone stock? Ever done that before?
    I imagine he will answer when he sees that question... But I have seen numerous posts around here from folks (and him too I think) that say yes he can wake up a stock car nicely.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by SnIpEr View Post
    Autos gain a lot from the tq mngmnt reduction and shift improvement. M6 cars get skip shift eliminated. They both run cooler from lower fan temps. Both get greatly improved knock handling.

I'm a data-guy, so I don't really do any wild guessing or making claims. If you know what your car makes stock and the WOT AFR, I will take an educated guess. If not, I'm not going to just make up some number like the side of a K&N box

Marina Blue
    1968 Chevelle SS396

How long did it take for him to do the tune and get it back to you? I've installed LT's with and ORY, removed the AIR system, and EGR system. I've installed new front Corvette O2 sensors and new plugs. It now has a flat spot and reeks of gasoline and drinks it faster than I can put it in just about. Would Frost be able to help all this out?

Marina Blue
    1968 Chevelle SS396

Sorry....forgot to say this is in a 1999 Z28 Camaro with a manual 6 speed.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by GarySS396 View Post
    How long did it take for him to do the tune and get it back to you? I've installed LT's with and ORY, removed the AIR system, and EGR system. I've installed new front Corvette O2 sensors and new plugs. It now has a flat spot and reeks of gasoline and drinks it faster than I can put it in just about. Would Frost be able to help all this out?
    Im sure Frost can help you out with that. Send him an email.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by GarySS396 View Post
    It reeks of fuel because you removed the cats, not because of any mixture issue. Tuning can't put cats back, so unleaded is always going to stink with an ORY.

Torch Red
    2001 SS Camaro

Frost-

I'm in AZ, and I have to pass emissions E2Ys. I have a Predator already and would love to go back to stock for the trip to the vet. Options?

Thanks!

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

i have a quick question. Say if i go get dynoed, then send you my sheets with pcm and my mods would that be better/ easier than just sending you pcm with just my mods?

Thread Information