Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Issue with car starting

Yesterday, I started the Camaro to let it run (which I do from time to time since I don't drive it much) and after running for 3- 5 mins, it suddenly shut off and will not start again. I'm getting a SES light and the engine tries to turn over, but nothing beyond that. I have a 12 disc changer in the car that I hear it shuffling discs, which leads me to think it's something electrical. It's not the battery, as the car tries to start though I did try jumping it with my other car to be sure.

Any ideas? Should I get my hands on a scanner to check for thrown codes to narrow down the exact problem? Thanks!

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Yesterday, I started the Camaro to let it run (which I do from time to time since I don't drive it much) and after running for 3- 5 mins, it suddenly shut off and will not start again. I'm getting a SES light and the engine tries to turn over, but nothing beyond that. I have a 12 disc changer in the car that I hear it shuffling discs, which leads me to think it's something electrical. It's not the battery, as the car tries to start though I did try jumping it with my other car to be sure.

Any ideas? Should I get my hands on a scanner to check for thrown codes to narrow down the exact problem? Thanks!
    The most basic scanners today are fairly inexpensive, and pretty much a must have, in my opinion.

I usually try to give a whack at an SES light before I give it off to a shop, so I’d say do it.

Thread Information