Silver
    1996 Camaro Z28

I need some pinouts of these 98 LS1 connectors (c100, c105, c210, c220, c230)

Alright, having FUN wiring up my 96 LT1 with LS1 Conversion, needing to see if I could get something similar to the following link on shoebox's site but for the LS1, he has everything listed for the LS1. The pic shows some of the connectors in question. Not sure if the numbers are the same for the connectors on LS1 as LT1 ex. c100 etc. If someone could please provide this I would really appreciate it and would make my wiring life a bit more easy. 98 LS1 connectors (c100, c105, c210, c220, c230) Thanks

http://shbox.com/1/harness_connector_faces.htm

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

here is part of what you need, lemme see if I have anything else... c100 c101 c102 c105 here

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Here is a copy and paste from a text file I keep for reference when doing swaps. It came from the convo section of ls1tech quite a while ago. These are generally into non-GM vehicles so some items like EVAP maybe left out:

Connector C100
    A. This is the power for the odd fuel injectors, route it to IGN 1 15A fuse
    B. Not needed
    C. Not needed
    D. Not needed
    E. Not needed
    F. Not used
    G. Engine control power, route to IGN 3 15A fuse
    H. Cooling fan #2 / high speed relay, route to terminal 86 of cooling fan #2 relay
    J. Cooling fan #1 / low speed relay, route to terminal 86 of cooling fan #1 relay
    K. Not needed

Connector C101
    A. Not needed
    B. Power for even coils, route to IGN 2 15A fuse
    C. Not needed
    D. Output for fuel pump relay, route to terminal 85 of fuel pump relay
    E. Computer power, route to IGN 4 15A fuse
    F. Not used
    G. Constant computer power, route to BAT 1 10A fuse
    H. Not used
    J. Not used
    K. Not needed

Connector C105
    A. Not needed
    B. Engine sensor power, route to IGN 5 20A fuse
    C. Not needed
    D. Not needed
    E. Serial data signal, rout into car to Data Link Connector terminal #9
    F. Not needed
    G. Not needed
    H. Not needed

Connector C220
    A. Generator idiot light (-) side, if you already have a GEN light it should wire right in, if its an internal regulator alternator on your stock motor wire this to the wire that connected to terminal #1 on the alternator. If you need to add in a GEN light then wire this to one side and the other side of the light to an ignition hot fuse (IE: the fuse that used to provide power to your coil).
    B. Oil pressure output, if you are going to try using the LS1 oil pressure sender with your gauge then connect this wire to your oil pressure gauge. I just put the stock sender from my original motor in, and abandoned this wire.
    C. Low oil level idiot lamp (- output, grounds to illuminate light), this is not necessary but if you have an oil idiot light you can hook it up, just hook the wire from the oil light to this terminal.
    D. Not used
    E. Not used
    F. Not used
    G. Vehicle speed sensor output from computer, this is a 4000 pulse per mile square wave output, it will work for GM speedometers and some aftermarket speedos, other aftermarket speedos need a direct signal from the VSS
    H. Not needed
    J. Not needed
    K. Temperature gauge output, I read that this output was close enough to be accurate for older GM gauges, but I decided to put my original temp sending unit into the extra hole on the passenger side head.

Connector C 230
    A. Not needed
    B. To service engine soon light, (- output) Hook this to one side of a 12V light bulb and hook the other side of the bulb to an ignition hot fuse (IE: the fuse that used to provide power to your coil, or better yet to the IGN 5 20A fuse)
    C. Not used
    D. Tachometer output (this is a 4 cylinder, two pulse per revolution output)
    E. VATS fuel enable, not needed if you delete the VATS in the computer, or you could keep it and run a VATS bypass box if you want the extra security.
    F. Not needed
    G. Not needed
    H. To brake torque converter clutch switch. You need a switch that provides +12V power to this wire when the car is running and then cuts power when you press the brake pedal. You may have a cruise control switch that does this already there or you may have to add a switch. If you need a switch you can use a microswitch from radioshack, just make a bracket to hold the switch behind the arm of the brake pedal so that when the pedal is at rest the switch is depressed and when you push the brake pedal down the switch opens and loses contact. If you need to add a switch you can get the power for that switch from an ignition hot fuse (IE: the fuse that used to provide power to your coil, or better yet to the IGN 5 20A fuse)
    J. Park neutral position switch, You need a switch that will ground out this wire when the car is in park or neutral. There may already be a switch on the shifter for this or you may have to add one. Same as above you can use a microswitch, except that for this switch you wire it to a ground, not a power source.
    K. Serial data output to DLC connector terminal #2

Relays, This is based on the use of 30A bosch style automotive relays, relays # 1,2, and 3 could be combined into 1 relay if you could find one with a 80A rating.

Relay 1
    Terminal 85 to conversion car wiring (a wire that is hot in run and start modes), I would use the wire that powered the original coil (remove the ballast resistor)
    Terminal 86 To ground
    Terminal 30 Direct to battery voltage
    Terminal 87 to 2 15A fuses(IGN 1 and IGN 2) IGN 1 fuse to pin A of C100 connector, and IGN 2 fuse to pin B of C101 connector.

Relay 2
    Terminal 85 to conversion car wiring (a wire that is hot in run and start modes), I would use the wire that powered the original coil (remove the ballast resistor)
    Terminal 86 To ground
    Terminal 87 to 2 15A fuses(IGN 3 and IGN 4) IGN 3 fuse to pin G of C100 connector, and IGN 4 fuse to pin E of C101 connector.

Relay 3
    Terminal 86 To ground
    Terminal 87 to 1 20A fuse(IGN 5), IGN 5 to pin B of connector C105

Relay 4 fuel pump relay
    Terminal 85 to pin D of connector C101
    Terminal 86 To ground
    Terminal 87 to 1 20A fuse then to the fuel pump.

The cooling fans can use two relays or one, it looked like you had two fans so you could hook them up separetly and have one fan kick on normally and then have the second fan kick on only if the engine keeps getting warmer. Or you could hook both fans to fan relay #1 (if they take less than 30A combined or if you get a 40A relay) and have them both turn on at the same time and just ignore the wiring for fan relay #2.

Relay 5 cooling fan #1 / slow speed fan
    Terminal 86 To pin J of connector C100
    Terminal 87 to a 20A fuse or larger, depends on your cooling fan requirements.

Relay 6 cooling fan #2 / high speed fan
    Terminal 86 To pin H of C100 connector
    Terminal 87 to a 20A fuse or larger, depends on your cooling fan requirements

The only other wiring to hook up should be the starter wire, I would take the wire that used to connect to the conversion cars starter solenoid (should be purple if it’s a GM) and connect it directly to the starter solenoid on the LS1 starter.

Also the DLC link in the car, the power wire for that needs to go to a battery constant fuse, you can either wire it to the stock lighter fuse in the conversion vehicle (preferred) or connect it to the BAT 1 fuse that supplies power to the computer. And you need both ground wires in the DLC connector.
    Last edited by Frost; 10-30-2007 at 03:48 PM.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I have more stuff for the 98 like the whole schem for PCM/BCM related wiring if you need it.

Silver
    1996 Camaro Z28

yes i would really appreciate that too, mike96z@yahoo.com if youd like to email it.

also got this info

anyone know if this is correct info for a 98 or what year this is?

OEM LS1 Harness ID & Connectors...

The LS1 harness basically connects to the rest of the car thru a few specific connectors. The first four are located in the area of right shock tower...
    ...C100...black 10 pin connector.
    ............A- pink (bank 1 ign/inj switched 12v 15amp power in)
    ............G- pink (transmission/EVAP switched 12v 15amp power in)
    ............J- dk green (cooling fan 1 relay control out)
    ...C101...grey 10 pin connector.
    ............B- pink (bank 2 ign/inj switched 12v 15amp power in)
    ............D- dk green w/ white stripe (fuel pump relay control out)
    ............E- pink w/ black stripe (switched 12v 15amp power for PCM in)
    ............G- orange (constant power for PCM 12v 50amp power in)
    ............H- black w/ white stripe (ground in)
    ...C102...
    ............A- purple (starter solenoid "start" power in)
    ...C105...black 8 pin connector.
    ............B- pink (trans/stop lamp/heated o2/MAF 12v 20amp power in)
    ............G- white (tach signal out)

The other two are located behind the firewall, inside the passenger compartment, on the other side of the firewall grommet.
    ...C220...natural color 10 pin connector.
    ............E- black w/ white stripe (ground in)
    ............G- brown (to back-up lite switch 12v"+" power input)
    ............H- lt green (from back-up lite switch out to lites)
    ............K- dk green w/ white stripe (VSS signal 4000ppm speedo output from LS1 PCM)
    ...C230...blue 10 pin connector.
    ............B- brown w/ white stripe (MIL lamp)
    ............E- dark blue (VATS fuel enable input)
    ............K- dk green (serial data class 2 output from LS1 PCM to OBD-II connector)

The only other two points that the LS1 harness needs connected are down by the LS1's starter...
    ...purple wire... needs to be connected to the starter solenoid's "S" terminal.
    ...open ground lug... needs to be connected to a block ground.

The GM color code for wiring is very consistant. When in doubt, the following applies to any loose ends you might end up with in connectors C100, C101, C105, C220, and C230...
    ...red wires...all loose red wires should be connected to "12v+" protected by a fusible link.
    ...orange wires...all loose orange wires should be connected to "12v+" protected by a fuse of at least 10a.
    ...pink wires...all these wires in the LS1 harness should connect to a 12v "switched +" power source hot in "start" and "run".
    ...black...all these wires in the LS1 harness should connect to chassis ground.
    ...black w/ white stripe...all these wires in the LS1 harness should connect to engine ground.

i was also given this info

thanks for the info, very appreciated.

FRONT Inline Connector C100

MIDDLE Inline connector C105

REAR Inline Connector C101

http://www.ls2.com/boggs/controls/connectorsengine.htm

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

sent email

Pewter
    1999 Pontiac

I have a 99 ls1 and I need a schem for the pcm could you e-mail me that? cmann032003@yahoo.com It would be much appreciated

Thread Information