Hypertech issue

This is a discussion on Hypertech issue within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I just picked up a hypertech III from a craigslist seller, the problem is that it says it's for 97-98 ...

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Hypertech issue

I just picked up a hypertech III from a craigslist seller, the problem is that it says it's for 97-98 LS1's and mine is a 99. So like an idiot I didn't check this and found out when I got home that it wasn't going to work, I only paid 75 for it and the 160 therms. I had planned on getting a tune from either frost or a local guy out of nashville. So is there a way to program new software into this hand held to work with a 99 LS1 or should I just sell this thing and get some of my money back?

White
    1998 Trans Am

Sell it & get one for 99 - 02... The 98's use a different pin punch on the ecm... Kind of makes you wonder why LS1 Edit, HP Tuners, ect, will work on all years...

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

was able to sell it today, I got rid of it for 55, I paid 75 for it and a 160 therms so I got something out of this deal. I might send out for the mail order tune when I take block leave. unless I can find a cheap predator. Eventually I'll be getting a real tune but I'd still like to have one of these handy.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Keep an eye on ebay for a steal !!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FAST-...QQcmdZViewItem

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    Sell it & get one for 99 - 02... The 98's use a different pin punch on the ecm... Kind of makes you wonder why LS1 Edit, HP Tuners, ect, will work on all years...
    handhelds are designed for specific years of vehicles, due to limited storage capability. tuning software uses your laptops storage and processor. it can be used on any year model once you open that particular file.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    handhelds are designed for specific years of vehicles, due to limited storage capability. tuning software uses your laptops storage and processor. it can be used on any year model once you open that particular file.
    The Diablo comes with a connector for your your computer, is this only for receiving updates or can you store some info on your laptop/pc? If so then can you use this on more than one vehicle? I ask this besause I also have a 01 Sierra with a 4.8L that I'de like to use one on. Just found a pretty good deal on a Diablo, and if that doesn't work I'll go with what Bills98 sent, Thanks Bills98.

White
    1998 Trans Am

If you would decide to go with the HP Tuners, for 499.00, you will get 8 credits, that's 2 per vehicle, so you could tune 4 cars... You can then purchase more credits... I started out with a hypertech, but know I'm glad I went with HP Tuners !

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    The Diablo comes with a connector for your your computer, is this only for receiving updates or can you store some info on your laptop/pc? If so then can you use this on more than one vehicle? I ask this besause I also have a 01 Sierra with a 4.8L that I'de like to use one on. Just found a pretty good deal on a Diablo, and if that doesn't work I'll go with what Bills98 sent, Thanks Bills98.
    the connector is for having someone do a custom tune from diablo. you send them your file, they make changes and you upload it. all handhelds are for only one vehicle at a time.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Thanks all, I think I'll go the smart route and get a tune asap.

Thread Information