HyperPac?

This is a discussion on HyperPac? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Was wondering, has anyone used one of these yet? I just got a 02 blk WS6 and would like to ...

Black
    2002 TransAm WS6

HyperPac?

Was wondering, has anyone used one of these yet? I just got a 02 blk WS6 and would like to get some sort of programmer. I see the diablo seems to be the choice as far as handhelds, but theres no mention or comparison to the hyperpac. It looks pretty good on paper, with the dyno and drag stip times and such, plus it seems to do alot more as far as fuel curves compared to hypertech pwr prog III. So I guess what I'm asking is which one is better? I know nothing about programmers yet, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I know someone is going to say get the hptuner for the same money but i dont have a laptop so it would cost quite a bit more for me. By the way great site here, I will try and post some pic of my new baby soon..

red
    1999 firehawk

I'm not sure, but i'm saving up for the hyperpac.

I have the same question too and I own a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

White
    '01 Z28

I ordered a Hyperpac just after Christmas........it is supposed to be in this week.
    I will let you know how it works.
    Last edited by astraltramp; 01-30-2007 at 05:49 AM.

White
    '01 Z28

I got the hyperpac about a week or so ago and have been playing with it a little. At first all I did was play with the transmission tuning and there is a definate difference.......it shifts much harder now from 1st to 2nd and a little harder from 2nd to 3rd. Then this past weekend I decided to change the engine from stock tuning to performance tuning......another noticable difference, but nothing that is going to blow you away (they-hypertech-show an additional 13hp/19 torque on the LS1). I don't know the actual difference it made because I have never dynoed my car. And no, I didn't dyno my car before and after with the hyperpac's dyno option. I don't have an area near my house to take the car out and do a good number finding dyno test.

I do like the monitering feature, although I think it's a little overkill for the everyday driving but I can see the usefullness for racing.
    It also has a drag racing feature which I haven't used yet but look forward to trying.

All in all I am happy with the purchase. Like I said before, you're not going to plug this in and get tons of hp (which I am assuming is the case for any handheld tuner), but being able to see actual numbers when you do mods is a definate plus. However, I don't think that you are going to get true numbers running this thing on the street.......your not going to safely get an acurate WOT dyno run on the street.

My personal opinion: if you have the money to spend, it's fun for the street, but more suitable for the drag strip.
    Last edited by astraltramp; 01-30-2007 at 06:31 AM.

Thread Information