Black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

hptuner vs crane hand held

what type of difference would a tune from hp be over a hand held programmer
    because the price difference is't all that much from buying a crane hand held witch any where from 400-425 and hptuners basic cost 510 shipped thats not alot if it gives you more gains and from what i've read on this site more control over everything.But would the difference on a stock Z/28 with a shift kit.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

when i used my vinci/crane handheld back when my 00 formula only had a SLP airlid, i gained .2 and 1.4 mph on back to back runs at the track. for someone that doesn't have the patience or time to understand how a full tuning suite works, it's the next best thing. a full tuning suite offers you full control over everything whereas the vinci/crane has 7 preset programs based on cam durations, LSA, and whether you have a supercharger. you can adjust those preset tunes as well as the stock programming.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

silver
    2000 ss camaro

vinci

I tried a friends vincie tuner,with basic bolt ons. this is the best handheld tuner for my needs. I have used superchips and the predator both are ok.
    but the vinci gives more choices when you change cams and bolt ons. this tuner really woke my car up. going to dyno day this sat. can't wait to see the differance.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

hptuners is just a tuning suite...it doesnt come with any preset tunes...there are sites like this one that can help you through tuning but its up to you the end user to know what to change & by how much to make gains. HPt does have an advantage over all the handhelds in that you can tune car after car meaning even if you only toy with it on your first car & you then sell that you'll still more then likely have credits left over for a second, third and fourth car/truck/suv and like mentioned it will give you access to literally hundreds upon hundreds of parameters you can change as well as custom operating systems for Forced induction & race applications.

Thread Information