HP Tuners? Licenses?

This is a discussion on HP Tuners? Licenses? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have to get a tuner. I have recently changed to the FAST LSX Intake and 92mm TB. Previously changing ...

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

HP Tuners? Licenses?

I have to get a tuner.

I have recently changed to the FAST LSX Intake and 92mm TB. Previously changing to a SLP LT headers, SPEC Stg3 Al clutch, AL Flywheel, SSR Rims w/ 305/30/R18 Rear Wheels (Lightest I could find), and a Carbon Fiber drive shaft. {EGR bypassed, SLP MAF, and Flowmaster.}

With the intake change I can't get my HWY Idle down.

Additionally I designed an O2 Sensor Mod Circuit (that sends back a signal as normal or up to 12.5% richer or leaner voltage.)

I'm one trust-worthy fan blade away from installing a mild Forced Induction MAF (it is an integrated Fan and MAF design...calculating flow through humidity, temp, fan rpm, motor current, and MAP input. It should only blow 720-770 CFM @ something around .5 to .8lbs.) Rather mild increase in HP I know.

Next up is a simple design, an Alternator Shut-down circuit. Shutting the exciter input off at and near WOT. Saves just a couple of Horses.

But I need something that will let me get to the fuel maps and timing and about anything else around tuning for what I already have and other things I'm going to throw in and play with!

These licenses???? All I know is I work on everybody's car, so I'm guessing I need to access all models if the cost is a few hundred more???

Is the HP the way to go...I can't pay for the repeated tunings I am going to go through.

hugger orange

1st for your high idle, did you check to be sure you throttle cable is letting the tb close all the way, and that the throttle stop isn't keeping it open?
    I'd go hptuners if were you, it let's you tune every aspect of the computer. when you buy the system it comes with 8 credits, so that let's you tune upto 4 cars. if you have friends that want there cars tuned, just charge them $100 (each credit costs $49, 2 cerdits per car) every time you buy more cerdits for the same type vehicle you get closer to unlocking unlimited licences.

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

I checked the TB blade through the range.

If you accumulate license "credits" then that is an okay deal.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by BowTied View Post
    I checked the TB blade through the range.

If you accumulate license "credits" then that is an okay deal.
    yup, its cheaper to strait out buy a bulk licence, but you don't need to, this way you let the customer/friend buy them for you

Thread Information