Thread: HP Tuner

Blue
    1999 Blown Trans Am

HP Tuner

I've completely finished installing my p1sc ProCharger on my 99 trans-am (LS1) Automatic. Trying to push 8 lbs of boost. BBK 85mm throttle body, 60lb Siemens injectors and a 255 LPH fuel pump. Here are my questions. Obviously with the HP tuning software there are allot of parameters that need to be modified. I have looked at a lot of posted blogs on the HPtune website concerning running my car in SD mode and deleting the MAF. My understanding is the VE tables are used when deleting the MAF? Is this correct? The other question is what tables are used for injector flow by the PCM if the MAF is deleted? Basically without having the MAF installed what tables are obsolete? Any help would be appreciated. I am looking more for a reference point or a good starting point.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think I'm reading your question correctly but if not let me know. Yes, the car will run off the ve tables if you go to speed density. You will also need a 2 bar map if you don't already have one. There are a lot of different injector tables...what were you looking for specifically larger injector values?
    That's a fairly complex tune you'll be looking at doing there. It can be done but you'll have to be very patient and do your homework before making any adjustments. I would maybe talk to Frost about getting you started with some tunes through emails if you have your own software. What will take you hours and hours of reading to figure out he can have emailed back to you in a day or less most likely. Might be an option to look at....just have him give you the base starter stuff to get you going.

Blue
    1999 Blown Trans Am

Thanks for the reply Orion, Frost was my first Email but he is a very busy man understandably. I did get HPTuner Pro so I will be learning this patiently. Right now I have my stock values configured but my injectors (60lb Siemens) so every time I try to start my engine my injectors flood it. I am also not running a MAF and trying to figure out how to delete that. But for now I am just happy everything is in and I can just start the tuning..

White
    1998 Trans Am

This might help you out... There's multiple links. One is the injector flow rate calculator to get your motor running !

http://ls1tuningguide.com/tuninghelpfiles.php

98 Formula
    06 duramax

under the help files in hptuners there is also a step by step on setting the car up in open loop speed density and tuning the ve. I believe it's under "working with the editor>user submitted". That will show you how to fail the MAF and put the car in open loop to tune your ve.
    Are you running a 2 bar map? You'll have to apply credits to have the ve table go up high enough to tune for boost.

Blue
    1999 Blown Trans Am

You guys rock! Thanks for the point in the right direction. I wish I didn't have to work today!

Thread Information