Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

How to tune?

This is a discussion on How to tune? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 0rion Click on like histogram number 8 which isn't used and then click the folder to the ...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Click on like histogram number 8 which isn't used and then click the folder to the far left and your idle air desired is there. Then you can log from cold all the way up to temp and copy paste those numbers over. You'll have load up an idle .cfg in the scanner. I have to transfer it from my laptop and then I'll send it to you.
    thanks!

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Ok since i just blew my motor......... Now i need to start thinking about tuning my 408 is there anything different to start with?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Ok since i just blew my motor......... Now i need to start thinking about tuning my 408 is there anything different to start with?
    what! what happened to your motor?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Ya the guy is just an a hole. Told me it's 150 an hour, and it takes about a half hour to hook the car upto the dyno plus atleast an hour for the tune.... So just becadue I put a fast 92/92 setup on he wants atleast 300. No way! I'd rather just take it slow and do it my self. I've already spent about $1200 on tunes. That's just dumb. I guess live and learn. And I am going to by the pro. Thanks guys got the help
    Luckily around here I know a guy who doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I am not sure how good he is, but my car seems to be running great after the tune. I am having issues right now, but he already said he'd help me out again for free.

GL learning HPtuners, it'd be nice to have

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    what! what happened to your motor?
    Not quite sure, but im pretty sure i snaped a rod. Hydro lock, i had a vac leak that i've been looking for (causing that high ldle i've been talking about) and i guess it was right where the water has been pooling on my intake. After the BIG BANG a buch of water came out of my pass side header cuz i have a small exh leak too. so nows its time for a 408 and alot of

Red
    2001 Trash Can

cylinder #4? It's the passenger side of the motor and Water pools there and gets down through the fuel injector o-ring. Had the same thing happen to my motor and it shit a rod. If you had water pooling somewhere I'll be that's where it was and that's how it got into your motor. Sucks dude I feel your pain!

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    cylinder #4? It's the passenger side of the motor and Water pools there and gets down through the fuel injector o-ring. Had the same thing happen to my motor and it shit a rod. If you had water pooling somewhere I'll be that's where it was and that's how it got into your motor. Sucks dude I feel your pain!

Im gunna pull the motor tomorrow and take it apart. ill let you know. i bet that what it was, cuz i had the hardest time getting that injector back in. What did you end up putting back in your car? would you have done anything different? as far as what motor you did. Thanks for the support its kinda hard

but on the other hand, new stroker?!?!?!

hugger orange

Not quite sure, but im pretty sure i snaped a rod. Hydro lock, i had a vac leak that i've been looking for (causing that high ldle i've been talking about) and i guess it was right where the water has been pooling on my intake. After the BIG BANG a buch of water came out of my pass side header cuz i have a small exh leak too. so nows its time for a 408 and alot of
    welp, here's to the old motor and the new 408

Stock
    2002 Camaro

welp, here's to the old motor and the new 408
    Thanks. hey do you know if i can use the same heads? If not i think im gunna get some AFR 205's

hugger orange

Thanks. hey do you know if i can use the same heads? If not i think im gunna get some AFR 205's
    yes you can use your heads. what heads do you have now? I'd get them ported and polished, plus you can drop bigger valves in them......check modding your heads vs buying new ones.

you can use heads off of smaller bore motors, but not the heads off of a large bore motor on a smaller bore motor

Stock
    2002 Camaro

yes you can use your heads. what heads do you have now? I'd get them ported and polished, plus you can drop bigger valves in them......check modding your heads vs buying new ones.

you can use heads off of smaller bore motors, but not the heads off of a large bore motor on a smaller bore motor
    Ive got the patriot stage 2 LS6 59cc heads. So i know they have already been P/P. what about the vavles? i think they where 2.02/1.57. could i go bigger? would it be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Where is there water that is that high up at the fuel injector to allow it to pool down into the injector???? I don't recall any coolant lines running up above the injectors

At least you are in good spirits about spending a huge wad of cash

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Where is there water that is that high up at the fuel injector to allow it to pool down into the injector???? I don't recall any coolant lines running up above the injectors

No its from rain water. it has been raining like crazy here. i noticed it last week but i guess there wasnt enough then to make a difference.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

At least you are in good spirits about spending a huge wad of cash
    Yup, i guess its a good thing i just got HPtuners.

No its from rain water. it has been raining like crazy here. i noticed it last week but i guess there wasnt enough then to make a difference.
    Oh I see. But now I have to ask the question,,,,how is rain water getting on top of the engine?? Are you running around without a hood on it??

Ya I'm making a trip out to Sac next week to visit inlaws, and they have told me it's been raining cats and dogs out there. Typical Sacramento winters in the valley. I hope that crap is gone before I come out.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Oh I see. But now I have to ask the question,,,,how is rain water getting on top of the engine?? Are you running around without a hood on it??

Ya I'm making a trip out to Sac next week to visit inlaws, and they have told me it's been raining cats and dogs out there. Typical Sacramento winters in the valley. I hope that crap is gone before I come out.
    IDK how it gets in. i think i leaks from the top of the hood by the window wipers. i guess its common. kinda sucks but owell. ya the weather today is great, good driving weather

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Im gunna pull the motor tomorrow and take it apart. ill let you know. i bet that what it was, cuz i had the hardest time getting that injector back in. What did you end up putting back in your car? would you have done anything different? as far as what motor you did. Thanks for the support its kinda hard

but on the other hand, new stroker?!?!?!
    I bought a used Ls6 shortblock and just went with a cam only setup since I didn't have all that much cash to drop on parts and this came out of the blue after I just finished spending over $1000 on headers and exhaust. Stock 241 heads with a cleanup mill (.005) and valve job, but the cam is a custom grind that has proven to work very well with stock heads. Taking it to be tuned here in the next month so I'll have #'s then, but I'm hoping for somewhere around 420hp/400tq. I really wish I would have had the money for a 402, 408, etc but it just wasn't in the cards at the time.

Shitty that it happened, but good excuse for a stroker!
    01' Ws6: Bolt ons, TD's, stock 241 heads, 230/230 .612/.592 111+2

Red
    2001 Trash Can

The injector sits down in the intake and is about 1/4 inch or so down, so there is an area for water to pool and when I took my fuel rails off the o-ring was completely dry rotted and part of it was missing. I dont know how water gets in there but I'm not the only person this has happened to and it is apparently always cylinder #4...

Stock
    2002 Camaro

ya know what, when i pulled my intake off there was quite a bit of water inside of it. wounder how it got there? Anyway i got the motor out and got some good pics ill post tonight. snapped rod block is grabage. my new paper weight.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information