Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

How to tune?

This is a discussion on How to tune? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Sorry to jump in to the conversation, I was wondering which to get everone keeps saying the pro are they ...

Black & Silver
    2000 WS6 & 2003 Z06

Sorry to jump in to the conversation, I was wondering which to get everone keeps saying the pro are they talking about the pro scanner or pro suite? And if the suite why? just wondering b4 i jump into this. I do plan to do several mods including cam and heads.
    Last edited by afattitude; 04-29-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Silver
    2002 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Ya the guy is just an a hole. Told me it's 150 an hour, and it takes about a half hour to hook the car upto the dyno plus atleast an hour for the tune.... So just becadue I put a fast 92/92 setup on he wants atleast 300. No way! I'd rather just take it slow and do it my self. I've already spent about $1200 on tunes. That's just dumb. I guess live and learn. And I am going to by the pro. Thanks guys got the help
    You dont have another guy around there that tunes that you could check out?
    SLP Lid---Flowmaster 40's---Blackouts in the back---Definately More to come!

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by afattitude View Post
    Sorry to jump in to the conversation, I was wondering which to get everone keeps saying the pro are they talking about the pro scanner or pro suite? And if the suite why? just wondering b4 i jump into this. I do plan to do several mods including cam and heads.
    This is the one you want

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite.php

the pro version allows you to input a wideband signal. it is well worth the eatra money. i know there is other stuff that it comes with, but this was the big seller for me. the suite is both the scanner and editor

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jlindelow View Post
    You dont have another guy around there that tunes that you could check out?
    not really. i drove down to the Bay area once and the guy forgot to turn my 02's off soo i had to drive all the way back down. also car ran like crap when i got it back. i just didnt wanna keep paying out the ass to get screwed. i can do that myself

Silver
    2002 LS1

not really. i drove down to the Bay area once and the guy forgot to turn my 02's off soo i had to drive all the way back down. also car ran like crap when i got it back. i just didnt wanna keep paying out the ass to get screwed. i can do that myself
    lol nice. but dude that sucks... have you though about frost? heard he was pretty good

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Before my 12 bolt blew, I made quite a few great scans. Orion can vouch for me running pretty damn rich at 4800 RPM and below. So, I setup the config file just like the write up in HPT said and logged, logged ,logged. I kept hitting alot of cells at 50 hits per cell. I took those very rich numbers and copied/pasted mulitplied by % into my Primary VE. Then I copied that table into my 2ndary. I THOUGHT I was doing a great job. My AFR Error was awesome, 14.6. Thought I was nailing it down. ThenI realized I had leaned it out badly. Close to 16-18.0 at slight off idle. WTF did I do wrong? Why does the Afr error say 14.6 but when I watch the table it would say way lean. I ended up pulling over and re-flashing ECm with old, shitty, rich file so I could safely drive home. Any comments?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jlindelow View Post
    lol nice. but dude that sucks... have you though about frost? heard he was pretty good
    Yup he does great work. he has helped me out along this journey. but for me it has alot to do with just wanting to know so i dont feel so helpless with all this junk. there is still SOOOOOOOOOOOO much i need to learn. I tuned my ls1 before the engine blew, and now with the 408 i had him give me a hand. If anyone is looking for a tuner, he is the way to go.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Before my 12 bolt blew, I made quite a few great scans. Orion can vouch for me running pretty damn rich at 4800 RPM and below. So, I setup the config file just like the write up in HPT said and logged, logged ,logged. I kept hitting alot of cells at 50 hits per cell. I took those very rich numbers and copied/pasted mulitplied by % into my Primary VE. Then I copied that table into my 2ndary. I THOUGHT I was doing a great job. My AFR Error was awesome, 14.6. Thought I was nailing it down. ThenI realized I had leaned it out badly. Close to 16-18.0 at slight off idle. WTF did I do wrong? Why does the Afr error say 14.6 but when I watch the table it would say way lean. I ended up pulling over and re-flashing ECm with old, shitty, rich file so I could safely drive home. Any comments?
    could it be a grounding issue with the LC-1? Did you change anything recently that could have caused that?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

could it be a grounding issue with the LC-1? Did you change anything recently that could have caused that?
    No, this was all in the same day, same logging day. Was making changes in parking lots and then going back out... logging... making changes. Got my AFR error to 14.6, then I noticed the AFR reading in my Table was way lean.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

No, this was all in the same day, same logging day. Was making changes in parking lots and then going back out... logging... making changes. Got my AFR error to 14.6, then I noticed the AFR reading in my Table was way lean.
    What about an exhuast leak? i've heard that even a small one can make a diff. Thats just weird how you had it down and then all of a sudden it changes. You might have said, but did you copy your table over to the secondary? maybe open/closed loop?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

What about an exhuast leak? i've heard that even a small one can make a diff. Thats just weird how you had it down and then all of a sudden it changes. You might have said, but did you copy your table over to the secondary? maybe open/closed loop?
    I dont see how I could have one. But its pissible. Wierd the leak would start right after I flashed ECM though. Yes, I copied the primary to the 2ndary.

hugger orange

did you reset your fuel trims with your scanner each time after after you changed your VE? that's where I messedup at first

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    did you reset your fuel trims with your scanner each time after after you changed your VE? that's where I messedup at first
    No, No I did not.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

hugger orange

No, No I did not.
    lol hey I'm getting this down good......afew more adjustments here......really close now.......one more change here........OH CRAP WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!! lol

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    lol hey I'm getting this down good......afew more adjustments here......really close now.......one more change here........OH CRAP WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!! lol
    Seriously. WTF. Version 9.12thousand 19 HPT should have it where you can automatically reset fuel trims.

Would not resetting the fuel trims make it act like this? Make the AFR error look great(I do want it at or near my AFR Stoich right?) and make the TABLE AFR way off (lean) ?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Seriously. WTF. Version 9.12thousand 19 HPT should have it where you can automatically reset fuel trims.

Would not resetting the fuel trims make it act like this? Make the AFR error look great(I do want it at or near my AFR Stoich right?) and make the TABLE AFR way off (lean) ?
    I just looked at your file and you don't have the LTFT's disabled at all. Might want to disable those and then clear them in the scanner when you log next time. Also, make sure you're doing %-half when it starts getting close so you don't overshoot.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I just looked at your file and you don't have the LTFT's disabled at all. Might want to disable those and then clear them in the scanner when you log next time. Also, make sure you're doing %-half when it starts getting close so you don't overshoot.
    Did I send you the ones where I went lean? Also, I am using the %-half... always.

red

thanks for the help guys.

hugger orange

yup it could throw you way off like that if you don't reset the trims. I have mine running right at 14.6-15.2 crusing and 12.9-13.1 at WOT

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information