Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

How to tune?

This is a discussion on How to tune? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Hi-Po Oh, cool. Sounds good. I have been seeing the LME 408 forever now. I would take ...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Oh, cool. Sounds good. I have been seeing the LME 408 forever now. I would take an LME engine anyday over TSP. Nothing against TSP, but LME has a way better reputation than TSP. Any reason you went with an off the shelf cam? That cam seem to fit what your trying to do with that car? What kind of goodies you get installed with that 408? What heads you end up going with??? Congrats to you, Mr.Money bags POS!!!!

Hi-Po <<<<<<< Green with Envy

I talked with the guy a TSP and he said that this was a pretty good cam that would net a good amount of power. I spent the extra money and went with the callie's compstar crank and rods (rather than eagle), Wiseco pistons with stainless steel rings, all ARP bolts, the cam and ported LS6 oil pump. I am also going to go with the LS7 lifters and most likely the Harland rocker arms. I am going to re-use my Patroit stage 2 LS6 59cc heads, but i am going to try and find a head shop around here to have them put bigger valves in and do a little more work. When i talked to the guy at TSP i told him what heads i wanted to use and he set me up with the proper head gasket to maintain the 11:1 compression. if i decied to change the head i am going to go to some PRC's or AFR's depending on money. I also just bought a new spec stage 3 clutch, Tick master cylinder, and new slave. i decided since the engine was out i would replace that as well. i figure with the FAST 92/92 i should be making a good amount of power. Next on my list is a 9" cuz i dont think my good'ol ten bolt is gunna be around much longer I have heard alot of good things alot TSP so i guess they cant be all that bad i hope

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    I talked with the guy a TSP and he said that this was a pretty good cam that would net a good amount of power. I spent the extra money and went with the callie's compstar crank and rods (rather than eagle), Wiseco pistons with stainless steel rings, all ARP bolts, the cam and ported LS6 oil pump. I am also going to go with the LS7 lifters and most likely the Harland rocker arms. I am going to re-use my Patroit stage 2 LS6 59cc heads, but i am going to try and find a head shop around here to have them put bigger valves in and do a little more work. When i talked to the guy at TSP i told him what heads i wanted to use and he set me up with the proper head gasket to maintain the 11:1 compression. if i decied to change the head i am going to go to some PRC's or AFR's depending on money. I also just bought a new spec stage 3 clutch, Tick master cylinder, and new slave. i decided since the engine was out i would replace that as well. i figure with the FAST 92/92 i should be making a good amount of power. Next on my list is a 9" cuz i dont think my good'ol ten bolt is gunna be around much longer I have heard alot of good things alot TSP so i guess they cant be all that bad i hope
    I cant believe you 10 bolt is even around anymore. 12 bolt or 9 inch is in your near future for sure.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I cant believe you 10 bolt is even around anymore. 12 bolt or 9 inch is in your near future for sure.
    ya but i was only makin about 400RWHP before so it wasnt to bad, and before i got the car the previous owner put a high torque diff with 3.73's so maybe that helped idk. but yes a 9" with 4.11's is lookin pretty good!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

hope this works. I couldn't find the distribution block I wanted so I made one out of a junction block. That main line is running directly to the battery.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    hope this works. I couldn't find the distribution block I wanted so I made one out of a junction block. That main line is running directly to the battery.

Click for full size
    Yea, I found a bunch of those also. I finally found my distribution block at an old mom and pop hardware store. They have one more if you want it! I will post pictures tomorrow.

8 credits on the purchase, I'm so getting HP tuners now. I can tune all my vehichles with the one price !
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

2009 CTS4 Ice Black

2013 1500 Silverado Z71

02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    8 credits on the purchase, I'm so getting HP tuners now. I can tune all my vehichles with the one price !
    nice isn't it

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Alright, I can NOT get my WB to show up on my charts or histograms. My guage always comes back to 10.3. Before car starts it says 7.4, then I start the car it goes to 13 or 14 and then goes right to 10.3. Is that right, or should it be fluctuating? (sp)

Why will it not show up on my scanner under my histograms and charts? I tried adding it to my table.

Also, Orion, thanks for the home depot rubber coupling idea. It worked great. Looks good IMO. I had a 2" laying around and just needed to buy the 1.5. Good idea. If any of you could help me with my problems of the wideband not showing up on my laptops histograms and charts it would be awesome. I have the brown wire connected to pin 1 and a ground coming from pin 5. What am I doing wrong?

hugger orange

Alright, I can NOT get my WB to show up on my charts or histograms. My guage always comes back to 10.3. Before car starts it says 7.4, then I start the car it goes to 13 or 14 and then goes right to 10.3. Is that right, or should it be fluctuating? (sp)

Why will it not show up on my scanner under my histograms and charts? I tried adding it to my table.

Also, Orion, thanks for the home depot rubber coupling idea. It worked great. Looks good IMO. I had a 2" laying around and just needed to buy the 1.5. Good idea. If any of you could help me with my problems of the wideband not showing up on my laptops histograms and charts it would be awesome. I have the brown wire connected to pin 1 and a ground coming from pin 5. What am I doing wrong?
    hey man i'm getting ready to eat right now, but i can give you a call here after awhile and try to get it up and working.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    hey man i'm getting ready to eat right now, but i can give you a call here after awhile and try to get it up and working.
    Sounds good. Only thing is I dont have my car with me! I could go over to my g-ma's house where its laying down for the winter. Probably need to have the car next to me dont you think?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Hey mark, Thanks for that little info. That will probably change everything. My hose phone is screwing up royally. Im off to go try that, I bet thats alkl that I was doing wrong. Thanks alot man, you have been so helpful, ill put you on my x-mas card list this year.

hugger orange

Sounds good. Only thing is I dont have my car with me! I could go over to my g-ma's house where its laying down for the winter. Probably need to have the car next to me dont you think?

that should have you setup to get the hptuners work. good luck man!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

that should have you setup to get the hptuners work. good luck man!
    Worked like a charm man! Im def so relieved this install is finally done and now working. I still have some panels to put back on and drill a hole for LED and red button. Spent too much money on this install

Made a few logs with the WB working.

Now, let me start spending money on my cam install.

Thanks again Mark, you have been a huge help.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

did you get your afr to read correctly then?

hugger orange

Worked like a charm man! Im def so relieved this install is finally done and now working. I still have some panels to put back on and drill a hole for LED and red button. Spent too much money on this install

Made a few logs with the WB working.

Now, let me start spending money on my cam install.

Thanks again Mark, you have been a huge help.
    hey man, no problem! i just cant wait till i get the money for a nice big intake and bigger cam for mine......a year or two down the road lol it never ends

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

did you get your afr to read correctly then?
    Yea, Mark gave me ANOTHER phone call and told my dumbass to turn on the WB at the very bottom of the Primary Table. Thats all I needed.

Dum dum dum.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

hey man, no problem! i just cant wait till i get the money for a nice big intake and bigger cam for mine......a year or two down the road lol it never ends
    What you dont wanna spend 1100 for an intake and another 1100 for a cam package? After my cam install I hope to be DONE spending money on this bitch for awhile.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what you'll want to do also is watch it to make sure the afr reading in hptuners matches the gauge. If they don't you can adjust the ground offset to get them to match up.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

what you'll want to do also is watch it to make sure the afr reading in hptuners matches the gauge. If they don't you can adjust the ground offset to get them to match up.
    Yea, I dont think they are matching up close at all actually. Adjust the ground offset? WTH you talkin about willis?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I can't explain it any better than soundengineer did in this post ground offset

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information