Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

How to tune?

This is a discussion on How to tune? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by mark21742 worse comes to worse you could make a boot out of a piece of tire innertube ...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    worse comes to worse you could make a boot out of a piece of tire innertube and glue it in
    what are you guys looking for?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    what are you guys looking for?
    grommet for the o2 to slide through....i found mine laying in a box in the garage, don't know what it went to, but it worked perfect

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Stock
    2002 Camaro

what about just running the wires through the shifter hole? It should be far enough away from the tranny and drive shaft

98 Formula
    06 duramax

never found a distr. block. I've checked just about every parts store and hardware store in town. I ended up with a junction block that I'll put pigtails on. It should work. I forgot to buy a damn grommet because I can't find the ones I had here at the house. I'm back on hold again until I can get that. I've also given some thought to running it through the same location my cutout is in but I'd have to extend all the wires. I don't want to do that if I don't have to.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    never found a distr. block. I've checked just about every parts store and hardware store in town. I ended up with a junction block that I'll put pigtails on. It should work. I forgot to buy a damn grommet because I can't find the ones I had here at the house. I'm back on hold again until I can get that. I've also given some thought to running it through the same location my cutout is in but I'd have to extend all the wires. I don't want to do that if I don't have to.
    a body knockout plug out of something like a honda would work too......they are soft plastic

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I found a distr block. Well, whats the difference between junction and distr?

Alright, I have it all wired up correctly... I hope.

Im ready to calibarate and I have no damn Terminator Plug!!! WTF??!!!!??? I need the plug to go any further right???? Im not understanding how I hook this up to my laptop.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I found a distr block. Well, whats the difference between junction and distr?

Alright, I have it all wired up correctly... I hope.

Im ready to calibarate and I have no damn Terminator Plug!!! WTF??!!!!??? I need the plug to go any further right???? Im not understanding how I hook this up to my laptop.
    go to help files in hptuner > lc-1 hookup and there is a great diagram and picture.
    wideband output (i think brown) goes to pin 1 and ground goes to pin 5 on your interface box.....not directly to the laptop

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

go to help files in hptuner > lc-1 hookup and there is a great diagram and picture.
    wideband output (i think brown) goes to pin 1 and ground goes to pin 5 on your interface box.....not directly to the laptop
    Alright, I will look at the help file. Thanks.

Whats up with the Terminator Plug?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Also, I hooked Brown wire to the guage and left yellow wire open for interface. The directions said "and/or". So I took my pick. I suppose I will change those two wires out, thats not a big deal at all.

Im concerned about that Terminator Plug.

hugger orange

Alright, I will look at the help file. Thanks.

Whats up with the Terminator Plug?
    it should have come with your lc-1.
    its a male stero jack with no wire coming out of the other end

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

it should have come with your lc-1.
    its a male stero jack with no wire coming out of the other end
    Yeaaaaaaa...... never got it. !!!! WTF.

Something I could buy??? That pisses me off royally.

hugger orange

Yeaaaaaaa...... never got it. !!!! WTF.

Something I could buy??? That pisses me off royally.
    I'm just not sure if its a ground loop or not.
    hopefully Orion or Frost will jump in......do you know of anyone near you that has one you could borrow? you only need it for a few minutes......if you can findout exactky how its internaly wired, you could make your own with a 2.5mm stero jack and wire as needed

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I'm just not sure if its a ground loop or not.
    hopefully Orion or Frost will jump in......do you know of anyone near you that has one you could borrow? you only need it for a few minutes......if you can findout exactky how its internaly wired, you could make your own with a 2.5mm stero jack and wire as needed
    Thanks for the call Mark. Found it. Wish I had my car with me!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I'm putting mine here
    Click for full size

I went today and bought all the right colored wire to extend the gauge wires and what not. Tomorrow I'm going to track down a distribution block. I'm going to run 1 main ground from the battery into the car to a distribution block and then ground everything there. At least that's the plan.
    I tried putting my sensor there also. (I Broke my damn air vents!!!!) But my sesnor is way small for the hole. Did you fill the gap up with something? What did you do to mount the guage there?

Well, I found a block. I ran 10 guage wire from my second negative post on the Optima and ran it inside the cab. From there I soldered all the ends and folded them to make them alittle larger. There is 4 opening for grounding circuits on the block. I used to of them for the LC-1. All wires soldered and heat shrinked. I probably went to far and spent too much on all this misc stuff. But hopefully I wont have to ever mess with the ground issues with the LC-1.

Frost, this grounding set-up sound AOK? I will take some pictures tomorrow, after I go over again and finish this stupid sensor install.

I also got my spring sompressor and tooling to keep valves up, so the cam will be getitng changed very soon.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

go to lowe's or home depot and get a 1.5" rubber coupler and a 2" rubber coupler. The gauge goes inside the 1.5" and then that goes inside the 2". You'll have to cut those couplers almost in half because they're too long. After that everything fits in the vent nice and snug. It's not coming out without quite a bit of help. After I took that picture it then took me 5 minutes to get it all back apart...that was just a test fit. LS1speed sells a billet vent filler if you wanted to go non-ghetto for $25. I have $8 or less invested in that one.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

go to lowe's or home depot and get a 1.5" rubber coupler and a 2" rubber coupler. The gauge goes inside the 1.5" and then that goes inside the 2". You'll have to cut those couplers almost in half because they're too long. After that everything fits in the vent nice and snug. It's not coming out without quite a bit of help. After I took that picture it then took me 5 minutes to get it all back apart...that was just a test fit. LS1speed sells a billet vent filler if you wanted to go non-ghetto for $25. I have $8 or less invested in that one.
    Cool! I was so pissed I broke those damn vents. I have no clue how you could take those out without breaking them

Did you just cut holes in your vent "tubing" to feed wires over to power and ground? I think I will just buy the one from LQS1speed. Thanks.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I need an engine so badly, My car hates me for me not driving it. Anyone have any deals for me? Hi-Po is awesome.
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-pa...k-reduced.html

You need to buy this. Good deal IMO. Pro billet Lunati rods. 2000+ dollar Crank. Wiseco pistons. Throw this fucker in your car dude.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-pa...k-reduced.html

You need to buy this. Good deal IMO. Pro billet Lunati rods. 2000+ dollar Crank. Wiseco pistons. Throw this fucker in your car dude.
    i already ordered my TSP 408 and TSP giant 248/254 .612/.622 113lsa cam. hey thanks that would have been a good find earlier this week

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

i already ordered my TSP 408 and TSP giant 248/254 .612/.622 113lsa cam. hey thanks that would have been a good find earlier this week
    Oh, cool. Sounds good. I have been seeing the LME 408 forever now. I would take an LME engine anyday over TSP. Nothing against TSP, but LME has a way better reputation than TSP. Any reason you went with an off the shelf cam? That cam seem to fit what your trying to do with that car? What kind of goodies you get installed with that 408? What heads you end up going with??? Congrats to you, Mr.Money bags POS!!!!

Hi-Po <<<<<<< Green with Envy

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information