Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 353
Like Tree1Likes

How to tune?

This is a discussion on How to tune? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by mark21742 I ground mine to the floor under the dash. just cleanedup a dash brace mount below ...

  1. #241
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    I ground mine to the floor under the dash. just cleanedup a dash brace mount below the radio and used it for the lc-1, gauge, and hptuner refenece ground .
    I'm not saying it was the right way to do it, but it worked for me


    So your saying you grounded the "Heater ground" and "System Ground" to the floor under your dash?

  2. #242
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    the LC1 needs to have all grounds run to the battery or to the back of the driver's side head. Anywhere else will cause issue sooner or later; they are ridiculously sensitive..

  3. #243
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Click for full size

    So your saying you grounded the "Heater ground" and "System Ground" to the floor under your dash?
    yes, but l have very good body grounds since I relocated the battery.
    like Frost said they have very sensitive grounds.

  4. #244
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    the LC1 needs to have all grounds run to the battery or to the back of the driver's side head. Anywhere else will cause issue sooner or later; they are ridiculously sensitive..
    Damn, I was going to run them to the engine ground strap. I thought that was going to be a good enough ground. So, just solder some extra wire onto the multiple grounding wires and run them to the negative post of the battery? I have an optima battery with an extra set of posts, so I could use them if need be. That sound like a good plan?

    Also, where did you guys send your wiring threw? I was going to drill a hole right in front of the shifter and install a grommet. Have the whole inside of the car ripped apart right now.

    Also, I NOW have DASH lights!!! Woo hoo, I can drive at night again.

    Thanks for all the help.

  5. #245
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Damn, I was going to run them to the engine ground strap. I thought that was going to be a good enough ground. So, just solder some extra wire onto the multiple grounding wires and run them to the negative post of the battery? I have an optima battery with an extra set of posts, so I could use them if need be. That sound like a good plan?

    Also, where did you guys send your wiring threw? I was going to drill a hole right in front of the shifter and install a grommet. Have the whole inside of the car ripped apart right now.

    Also, I NOW have DASH lights!!! Woo hoo, I can drive at night again.

    Thanks for all the help.
    I cut a hole and put in a grommet on the top, passengerside of the tranny tunnle right behind the shifter to run to o2 down to the exhaust

  6. #246
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    I cut a hole and put in a grommet on the top, passengerside of the tranny tunnle right behind the shifter to run to o2 down to the exhaust
    Its gotta be a fairly decent sized hole to able to fit the controller threw correct? Or am I missing something?

  7. #247
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Its gotta be a fairly decent sized hole to able to fit the controller threw correct? Or am I missing something?
    i had to go a hair bigger than an inch, then used a big grommet i found in the garage cut a small round hole and a slit to fit the o2 sensor down through.
    after i set the grommet in place i used RTV to seal it

  8. #248
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    i had to go a hair bigger than an inch, then used a big grommet i found in the garage cut a small round hole and a slit to fit the o2 sensor down through.
    after i set the grommet in place i used RTV to seal it
    Cool, ya thats what I am having to do, Starting to think putting the hole at the top was a bad idea. I might run into problem snaking the sensor around the tight turn. We will see, thanks alot. Thought I was doing it way different then anyone else there for a second.

  9. #249
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Cool, ya thats what I am having to do, Starting to think putting the hole at the top was a bad idea. I might run into problem snaking the sensor around the tight turn. We will see, thanks alot. Thought I was doing it way different then anyone else there for a second.
    just make sure you keep it away from the drive shaft!

  10. #250
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    just make sure you keep it away from the drive shaft!
    You mean im not supposed to wrap it around my driveshaft???

    Its clear of the thingy that spins.


    I decided to take my time and solder every connection instead of crimping. Have all the wiring ran. Hole cut and all, just gotta gop finish up the wiring tomorrow. Its so nice having all my Dash lights working, Its something you take for granted when you have them. Speedo, RPM, all gauges.... I now have a dash full of red again. Ordering a pillar for Fuel pressure,WB, and imsure I can find something else to fill some spots on the pillar.


    Whats everyone elses pillar's/guage setups looks like???

  11. #251
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    You mean im not supposed to wrap it around my driveshaft???

    Its clear of the thingy that spins.


    I decided to take my time and solder every connection instead of crimping. Have all the wiring ran. Hole cut and all, just gotta gop finish up the wiring tomorrow. Its so nice having all my Dash lights working, Its something you take for granted when you have them. Speedo, RPM, all gauges.... I now have a dash full of red again. Ordering a pillar for Fuel pressure,WB, and imsure I can find something else to fill some spots on the pillar.


    Whats everyone elses pillar's/guage setups looks like???
    I'm putting mine here


    I went today and bought all the right colored wire to extend the gauge wires and what not. Tomorrow I'm going to track down a distribution block. I'm going to run 1 main ground from the battery into the car to a distribution block and then ground everything there. At least that's the plan.

  12. #252
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    You mean im not supposed to wrap it around my driveshaft???

    Its clear of the thingy that spins.


    I decided to take my time and solder every connection instead of crimping. Have all the wiring ran. Hole cut and all, just gotta gop finish up the wiring tomorrow. Its so nice having all my Dash lights working, Its something you take for granted when you have them. Speedo, RPM, all gauges.... I now have a dash full of red again. Ordering a pillar for Fuel pressure,WB, and imsure I can find something else to fill some spots on the pillar.


    Whats everyone elses pillar's/guage setups looks like???
    i just don't trust crimped connectors, i have to solder everything

  13. #253
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm putting mine here
    Click for full size

    I went today and bought all the right colored wire to extend the gauge wires and what not. Tomorrow I'm going to track down a distribution block. I'm going to run 1 main ground from the battery into the car to a distribution block and then ground everything there. At least that's the plan.
    Wait, Your going to run a main ground inside the cab... then just have all your grounds for LC-1,guage, and everything else grounded inside? That sounds like an awesome idea! Keep the engine bay clean.

    Thats where I have my guage "sitting" right now as well.

    I want to know more about this ground block you rigging up. Advance, Autocrap, Murry's have this block you think?

  14. #254
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Wait, Your going to run a main ground inside the cab... then just have all your grounds for LC-1,guage, and everything else grounded inside? That sounds like an awesome idea! Keep the engine bay clean.

    Thats where I have my guage "sitting" right now as well.

    I want to know more about this ground block you rigging up. Advance, Autocrap, Murry's have this block you think?
    I tried advance yesterday and they didn't have one. I'm checking napa today.

  15. #255
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I tried advance yesterday and they didn't have one. I'm checking napa today.
    i kind of had the same idea but yours makes more sense. i am going to use something like this.......


    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status=


    i think this one might be better

    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status=
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 03-12-2009 at 09:06 AM.

  16. #256
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro


  17. #257
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I tried advance yesterday and they didn't have one. I'm checking napa today.
    Im going to try two local parts stores. You can at least talk to someone who knows a little something.

  18. #258
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Damn, I cant find anyone with something even close to what we are talking about.

  19. #259
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Alright, It looks like the only places that carry something like this would be car audio stores. I called A place call Tys with Noise. Im heading up there right now to see what they have and if it will work.

  20. #260
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Damn, I cant find anyone with something even close to what we are talking about.
    worse comes to worse you could make a boot out of a piece of tire innertube and glue it in

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Custom tune, HP tuners, or PCMFORLESS TUNE
    By cancam99ss in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 10:09 PM
  2. Question: Frost tune or Dyno tune?
    By 90ARAPAJ in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 01:38 PM
  3. hypertech tune erase my dyno tune?
    By Z28LS1 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 07:31 PM
  4. whats the diff with a full dyno tune and a street tune?
    By Justin23454 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 07:31 AM
  5. Handheld Tune?shop Tune? software running on my laptop tune?on my SS
    By showtimesteele99SS in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 06:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •