White
    01 Camaro 6speed

How much power loss ?

Well, i wanted to know how much power do you lose from pulling 2 degrees of timing so i can run nitrous safely. I can use what Frost has send me which allows the computer to only pull timing once i activate the switch on my nitrous but for my curiousity id like to know either way is there a significant power loss from pulling 2 degrees of timing.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Hey Mike,

That's not a question with a solid answer; there are more variables than you would be able to provide...

With that said, I'd expect 5-9 rwhp depending on the combo, how close the timing was to optimal to begin with, etc.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks Frost i was actually going to start the post by saying a message to FROST. I think once i install my headers im gonna send my computer back out to you to get it tuned for LT's, ORY and the tune for a 150 shot. I still have that thing you gave me to activate the tune for nitrous only when the nitrous system is activated and when im N/A it will not pull timing. The only problem i had with the that tune is even though i didnt install the LT's but was running the tune for LT's it seemed like i was hitting the rev limiter early in 1st and 2nd gears only. I think maybe because our cars tend to run rich after LT's install maybe some fuel was pulled in the top end and when i installed the computer without installing the LT's it was running too lean, maybe not sure. I need to get back to work and start making money been out for a couple of months, im lucky i work at a dealer and they give good pricing when it comes to labor.

Thread Information