Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

How much did you pay for your tune???

This is a discussion on How much did you pay for your tune??? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; $150...

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    191

    Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

    $150

  2. #22
    rapter34
    Guest
    also talk to the shop if you plan on getting more than one tune than they usually give pretty good discounts for fallow up tunes.

  3. #23
    Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bethalto, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    131

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Tuning shop you can buy a computer through, or send them yours. They're good. I haven't used them, but I know people who have. $160 to have them ship you a computer, and free updates for life.

    Change your cam...just send the computer back to them and they'll update it. FREE (+ shipping).

    http://www.wait4meperformance.com/

    Check 'em out!
    Nut

    2002 Z28

    Track History
    5-10-08 13.522 @ 106.59 72 degrees ~ Stock? No Mods? (this is how I bought it)
    6-14-08 13.577 @ 106.71 93 degrees ~ SLP Lid, Smooth Bellow, and Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
    Next Race: I'm done for this season...be back next year!

  4. #24
    Senior Member JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,458

    Black
    2005 GTO

    Paid $475, $375 for tune and $100 for dyno.

  5. #25
    My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lee, Virginia
    Posts
    374

    Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by nut6778 View Post
    Tuning shop you can buy a computer through, or send them yours. They're good. I haven't used them, but I know people who have. $160 to have them ship you a computer, and free updates for life.

    Change your cam...just send the computer back to them and they'll update it. FREE (+ shipping).

    http://www.wait4meperformance.com/

    Check 'em out!
    I've heard of them before, just not to into the whole 'if i'm gonna change something I need to send it back and wait', right now i'm leaning to getting a hptuner so i can just plug and play. I thought mail order tunes were just so you would be able to drive your car to get an actual tune?...

  6. #26
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by lvbroham1 View Post
    I've heard of them before, just not to into the whole 'if i'm gonna change something I need to send it back and wait', right now i'm leaning to getting a hptuner so i can just plug and play. I thought mail order tunes were just so you would be able to drive your car to get an actual tune?...

    Mail order tunes work great for bolt-ons cars (if the MAF hasn't been screwed around with) but if you have internal mods like H/C, all they should be used for is driving the car to the tuner. There are some tuners that claim otherwise, but I have seen almost all of their "tunes" on the dyno. Once you see that AFR at WOT it becoms plain that it may have been a good "driving" tune, but you'd have to be psychic to nail down WOT in a mail order tune. I don't care how many hundreds of cars they have done, this is a fact.


    Rel3rd, thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad your F-bod and your buddy's Z are more 'pleasurable' to drive. Bad tunes make the car miserable to drive and embarrassing at the same time.

  7. #27
    Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bethalto, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    131

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

    So say a car is pretty much stock, just a cat back and a lid, would you just recommend a handheld programmer or a tune?

    I've been looking into the Hypertech Hyperpac #83006... Any thoughts?

  8. #28
    My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lee, Virginia
    Posts
    374

    Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Mail order tunes work great for bolt-ons cars (if the MAF hasn't been screwed around with) but if you have internal mods like H/C, all they should be used for is driving the car to the tuner. There are some tuners that claim otherwise, but I have seen almost all of their "tunes" on the dyno. Once you see that AFR at WOT it becoms plain that it may have been a good "driving" tune, but you'd have to be psychic to nail down WOT in a mail order tune. I don't care how many hundreds of cars they have done, this is a fact.


    Rel3rd, thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad your F-bod and your buddy's Z are more 'pleasurable' to drive. Bad tunes make the car miserable to drive and embarrassing at the same time.
    Sorry guys, I haven't told you any of my mods. Here's a list of current mods.

    RAM 500hp clutch
    PP heads
    PP Throttle Body
    MS4
    Short Stick Shifter
    No AIR EGR
    SLP Lid
    Pacesetter Headers
    SLP LoudMouth
    LS6 Intake

    So... I'm guessing there's no way i'm going to do the mail order tune. Frost would you suggest for me to find a shop, or experiment on my own?...

  9. #29
    ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ Firebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newcastle Australia
    Posts
    1,390

    White
    2002 VY SS

    Most tunes here start at $400 for a mail order jobbie, to $1000 for a dyno tune. Dyno tuning for boosted cars can be more again. Our dollars are almost on par as well so currency differences aren't the issue...

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    columbus, ohio
    Posts
    90

    black
    1999 T/A

    I know it's a lil of topic but I still can't get over how cool it is that people in another country are enthusiastic about American muscle cars. especially in these times where everybody is worried about gas mileage and that damn CAFE.

  11. #31
    My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lee, Virginia
    Posts
    374

    Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    Most tunes here start at $400 for a mail order jobbie, to $1000 for a dyno tune. Dyno tuning for boosted cars can be more again. Our dollars are almost on par as well so currency differences aren't the issue...
    DEEEZAAMMM!!! That's a lot of $$$ for a tune IMO! You could make a killing if you had a tuner with unlimited credits. Of course you'd have to street tune and if they wanted a dyno pull they'd still have to shell out the money for that...

  12. #32
    ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ Firebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newcastle Australia
    Posts
    1,390

    White
    2002 VY SS

    Quote Originally Posted by itsfess View Post
    I know it's a lil of topic but I still can't get over how cool it is that people in another country are enthusiastic about American muscle cars. especially in these times where everybody is worried about gas mileage and that damn CAFE.
    Always been a fan of American muscle, especially old school stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by lvbroham1 View Post
    DEEEZAAMMM!!! That's a lot of $$$ for a tune IMO! You could make a killing if you had a tuner with unlimited credits. Of course you'd have to street tune and if they wanted a dyno pull they'd still have to shell out the money for that...

    I do have a mate that street tunes and has tuned my car in the past. He is a top guy that'll charge you $400 initially and then nothing for future tweeking. Has to pay for his stuff I suppose, and he has been ripped off before and doesn't want to see it happen to others.

  13. #33
    My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lee, Virginia
    Posts
    374

    Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    I do have a mate that street tunes and has tuned my car in the past. He is a top guy that'll charge you $400 initially and then nothing for future tweeking. Has to pay for his stuff I suppose, and he has been ripped off before and doesn't want to see it happen to others.
    That sounds like a good deal to me!

  14. #34
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by nut6778 View Post
    So say a car is pretty much stock, just a cat back and a lid, would you just recommend a handheld programmer or a tune?

    I've been looking into the Hypertech Hyperpac #83006... Any thoughts?

    I don't ever recommend handhelds. They are like using an axe or chainsaw for capillary level surgery. I would recommend using the tuner money you have there now for headers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Custom tune, HP tuners, or PCMFORLESS TUNE
    By cancam99ss in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 10:09 PM
  2. Question: Frost tune or Dyno tune?
    By 90ARAPAJ in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 01:38 PM
  3. hypertech tune erase my dyno tune?
    By Z28LS1 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 07:31 PM
  4. whats the diff with a full dyno tune and a street tune?
    By Justin23454 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 07:31 AM
  5. Handheld Tune?shop Tune? software running on my laptop tune?on my SS
    By showtimesteele99SS in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 06:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •