RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

Help With Tuning After Head/cam Install

I have looked at the tuners thread so please dont ban me.. Im not smiling right now. I will be doing a head/cam/headers swap this weekend. I had a buddy that was going to loan me his tuner.However he has done some stupid SH*T, and i now dont have access to this. I dont want to run the car without midly adjusting till i can get to the dyno tuner. Does anyone have any suggestions, and could i even adjust what i need with one of those>IE could i program the cam,and learn cam postion and all that jazz.If someone could loan me a tuner or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, i have 3000$$ worth of parts, that i can do crap with.

Thanks,

KD
    Kenny D
    2002 SS LE #2505

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

you need software and a laptop, not a handheld anything. Oh yeah, and that's quite a bit of work for a weekend, may wanna stack up on the red bull and plan on not sleeping for the night in the middle

RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    you need software and a laptop, not a handheld anything. Oh yeah, and that's quite a bit of work for a weekend, may wanna stack up on the red bull and plan on not sleeping for the night in the middle
    I hear u there.. I have a laptop and am very computer literate.. Do you know anyone that has the software i will need to make those changes? Any help..again.. appreciated.. I live west side of ATL, GA..THanks

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by ksupersport02 View Post
    I hear u there.. I have a laptop and am very computer literate.. Do you know anyone that has the software i will need to make those changes? Any help..again.. appreciated.. I live west side of ATL, GA..THanks
    It just doesn't work that way... I have a "shop" copy (unlimited VIN f-bod and vette) and a huge pile of credits for vehicles not covered under my license, but for any end user, you will be using up their licenses... And, since you can't keep the cable (software and hardware are locked together) then you won't have it for further tuning or diagnostics in the future. It's just not something you borrow and it's definitely not something you loan. Additionally, unless you are well versed, it's not something you are gonna borrow for a day and be done with. It could take a good while if you are learning as you go.

The best I can do for ya is tell you that if you buy HPT, I would set you up with a base file to work with. I think I had about 400 hours of reading and research before I made the first tuning changes back in the day.

If you lived here in VA I could help ya out as well.

RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

Hey Frost,

yeah, i was just worried about damage to my motor till i get to the dyno. I have since done some research. I guess i will be fine till dynotune.

Thanks, Kd

BURGANDY
    01 CAMARO COVERTIBLE Z28

TOW it!

PEWTER
    99 TRANS AM

I agree TOW IT!!!!

Thread Information