Yellow and Black
    2000, Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up HElp Hypertech III

Ok guys, i just bought a programmer Hypertech III for my 2000 TA and i just wanted to know of any shift points suggestions(stock auto tranny) and what i could change with it to get the most power. The only mods i have are SLP lm and air box. By the way i got it from my friend for 80 bucks lol. just couldent pass it up

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Talking Ymmv

Well if it has the booklet it will give you suggested changes...you will find that most on this forum and ls1techdotcom really despise these units. I just bought one cheap too and I am very happy with it just of the reason you mentioned plus the fact that I can reset my cooling fans to take advantage of the 160 deg thermo I have, my car runs much cooler now. I added the stock hyper tech tune too and can't really feel any difference (only suppose to be 10hp?) but I did notice a lil better gas mileage on a 125+ mile trip. fwiw.
    Last edited by 99'CajunFirehawk157; 03-21-2008 at 03:20 AM.
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

98 Formula
    06 duramax

unless you have access to a wideband I would skip the performance tune and just use it for the shift properties. It will make your car shift much better. I ran mine at 75% back when I had one and loved the way the car shifted. You can bump shift points up a little bit but on a stock valvetrain I wouldn't get real crazy with it.

I used one a few years ago for a gear change, shift firmness (50%?) and fans, never tried the tune though. I remember it taking several minutes to tune, so make sure your battery is good and turn off all accessories using it - you don't want to lose voltage while programming....

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

my advice: sell it and use the money towards getting a real tune...

white
    2002 B4C

I have a Hypertech model 30025, bought new about 4 mos ago for $262. What could I get for it? It worked on my 02' and my friends 99'. He wants to buy it, but hasn't come up w/$262 he promised and is using it free! His car runs AMAZING with it though. Huge diff w/tune, shift firmness and shift points. Did not notice diff w/tune on my car.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

I've got one (really good price on it-I think I paid about $80 or less) and definitely love the shift firmness option; I went all the way up in terms of firmness & it's great!

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    unless you have access to a wideband I would skip the performance tune and just use it for the shift properties. It will make your car shift much better. I ran mine at 75% back when I had one and loved the way the car shifted. You can bump shift points up a little bit but on a stock valvetrain I wouldn't get real crazy with it.
    For my '02 A4 WS6, with stock valvetrain, what would you suggest are good shift points to bump it up to? Also, what about the other features on it (fan activation temp, rev limiter, etc.); should I change the stock configuration?

white
    2002 B4C

I wouldn't mess w/Rev limiter. If you have stock thermostat I don't think it helps to change fan temp. Test your shift points. I think 1-2 was between 0-6mph and 2-3-4 get higher, should all be in the booklet. It says to use 1mph increments, but I didn't have patience for it. Also only effects WOT.

Thread Information