Results 1 to 14 of 14

HELP!

This is a discussion on HELP! within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ok where to start,i have a 98 TA with a headers, intake, TB,and cam. The car has been HP tuned,and ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    Exclamation HELP!

    Ok where to start,i have a 98 TA with a headers, intake, TB,and cam. The car has been HP tuned,and i am still having troubles, like if i start the car and don't let it warm up long enough it will try to cut off. And if i am out driving and lets say i need to stop and put the car into reverse fast, the car will almost die! O i also have a 3500 stall. And around 50 mph when i am just costing along the car will jerk. Sorry so long thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    If you have tuning software we can help here, if not, well... It certainly sounds like tuning issues / incomplete tuning, but sometimes physical issues can appear to be calibration related...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    If you have tuning software we can help here, if not, well... It certainly sounds like tuning issues / incomplete tuning, but sometimes physical issues can appear to be calibration related...
    Now when you say tuning software what do you mean. The program its self or what?

  4. #4
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    yes. do you have Hp Tuners? Or did someone do it for you?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    someone with HP tuner

  6. #6
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    will they let you use it?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    will they let you use it?
    Ya pretty sure.We are good friends.

  8. #8
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    just get some logs with Hp tuners and post them on here. someone will be to help ya out. I am just really starting to some what understand it (and thats not much). but there are a few people on here who really know what they are doing.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    just get some logs with Hp tuners and post them on here. someone will be to help ya out. I am just really starting to some what understand it (and thats not much). but there are a few people on here who really know what they are doing.
    See what i can do,thanks

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    Ok my car is HP tuned and we have went over this and over this. When i drive threw town slowly and hit the gas just a little or hard don't matter and let of the gas fast the car drops down to 500 to 1000 rpms or lower,and wants to cut off! What to do? And also when your out driving and need to go into reverse and back into drive whatever the car does the same thing! What to do please help! Good bit of mods if you need to know. Thanks

  11. #11
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by jesseheel View Post
    Ok my car is HP tuned and we have went over this and over this. When i drive threw town slowly and hit the gas just a little or hard don't matter and let of the gas fast the car drops down to 500 to 1000 rpms or lower,and wants to cut off! What to do? And also when your out driving and need to go into reverse and back into drive whatever the car does the same thing! What to do please help! Good bit of mods if you need to know. Thanks
    Need to re-do your idle airflow tuning. Follow that up by touching up the 'moving airflow' with the throttle cracker (assuming it's not a vette).

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    Yea not a vette. 98 TA .We have been having a devil of a time with it. i heard you where good,but this is my DD so its hard for me to send off stuff and not have a ride...

  13. #13
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Driveability issues need to be fixed in person and not through the [snail] mail.

    If you own HPT we could get it worked out through email relatively quickly though.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    Ok my guy has it at the shop. What do i need to get from him? I have a mac computer can i put whatever you need on here?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •