HELP!

This is a discussion on HELP! within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ok where to start,i have a 98 TA with a headers, intake, TB,and cam. The car has been HP tuned,and ...

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Exclamation HELP!

Ok where to start,i have a 98 TA with a headers, intake, TB,and cam. The car has been HP tuned,and i am still having troubles, like if i start the car and don't let it warm up long enough it will try to cut off. And if i am out driving and lets say i need to stop and put the car into reverse fast, the car will almost die! O i also have a 3500 stall. And around 50 mph when i am just costing along the car will jerk. Sorry so long thanks for the help.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

If you have tuning software we can help here, if not, well... It certainly sounds like tuning issues / incomplete tuning, but sometimes physical issues can appear to be calibration related...

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    If you have tuning software we can help here, if not, well... It certainly sounds like tuning issues / incomplete tuning, but sometimes physical issues can appear to be calibration related...
    Now when you say tuning software what do you mean. The program its self or what?

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

yes. do you have Hp Tuners? Or did someone do it for you?

Red
    1998 Trans Am

someone with HP tuner

Stock
    2002 Camaro

will they let you use it?

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    will they let you use it?
    Ya pretty sure.We are good friends.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

just get some logs with Hp tuners and post them on here. someone will be to help ya out. I am just really starting to some what understand it (and thats not much). but there are a few people on here who really know what they are doing.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    just get some logs with Hp tuners and post them on here. someone will be to help ya out. I am just really starting to some what understand it (and thats not much). but there are a few people on here who really know what they are doing.
    See what i can do,thanks

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Ok my car is HP tuned and we have went over this and over this. When i drive threw town slowly and hit the gas just a little or hard don't matter and let of the gas fast the car drops down to 500 to 1000 rpms or lower,and wants to cut off! What to do? And also when your out driving and need to go into reverse and back into drive whatever the car does the same thing! What to do please help! Good bit of mods if you need to know. Thanks

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by jesseheel View Post
    Ok my car is HP tuned and we have went over this and over this. When i drive threw town slowly and hit the gas just a little or hard don't matter and let of the gas fast the car drops down to 500 to 1000 rpms or lower,and wants to cut off! What to do? And also when your out driving and need to go into reverse and back into drive whatever the car does the same thing! What to do please help! Good bit of mods if you need to know. Thanks
    Need to re-do your idle airflow tuning. Follow that up by touching up the 'moving airflow' with the throttle cracker (assuming it's not a vette).

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Yea not a vette. 98 TA .We have been having a devil of a time with it. i heard you where good,but this is my DD so its hard for me to send off stuff and not have a ride...

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Driveability issues need to be fixed in person and not through the [snail] mail.

If you own HPT we could get it worked out through email relatively quickly though.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Ok my guy has it at the shop. What do i need to get from him? I have a mac computer can i put whatever you need on here?

Thread Information