HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???

This is a discussion on HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ok, my 2000 SS idles rough, surges kinda. And at low rpm its real rough and sluggish but if I ...

Pewter, Red
    00 SS 94 Z28 Droptop

Unhappy HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???

Ok, my 2000 SS idles rough, surges kinda. And at low rpm its real rough and sluggish but if I stab it it runs fine. Had removed the screen on my MAF and everyone said that could be causing the codes P0300 and P0134. So put a differant MAF on same thing. Checked coils and plug wires they're all fine.
    And it smells like its running rich. Help guys please I'm going crazy. Sorry so long. Thanks, Have a blessed day.
    -Ronnie

Pewter, Red
    00 SS 94 Z28 Droptop

02's were done about 6 months ago. And its not acting the same as then.
    mods are lid,cold air extension, lts, rear 02 deletes 3.73 gear,tranny work, that I know of bought it used. Figured this may help.

300 is misfire and 134 is the driverside 02 sensor

was car ever tuned for the LTs? if not the car is lean and might be hurt if it wasnt tuned. now with it being rich the car is trying to fix itself by being in a limp mode. are you sure the 02 wire isnt burned from the header?

hugger orange

I agree with Quik, plus double check for loose/ burnt plug wires too. I've seen several people burn the o2 wires on the headers

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

check that maf to see if there is oil on your sensors ,spray some carb cleaner on them let dry reinstall.oil from the air cleaner is a known cause,like the shit K&N uses thick red oil reaks havic on those maf sensors.

Pewter, Red
    00 SS 94 Z28 Droptop

I'll check the oil on the MAF, but I did clean it with MAF cleaner before I installed it. And no I haven't had it tuned the LTs were on it when I bought it and it cam with a hypertech hand held which i used to get the codes. Thanks
    guys keep the ideas coming.
    -Ronnie

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Im going out on a limb but check your voltage in battery and charging system

Quote Originally Posted by UnderHisGrace View Post
    I'll check the oil on the MAF, but I did clean it with MAF cleaner before I installed it. And no I haven't had it tuned the LTs were on it when I bought it and it cam with a hypertech hand held which i used to get the codes. Thanks
    guys keep the ideas coming.
    -Ronnie
    you need to have a car tuned to run headers. the pcm runs leans when you install headers with no tune

Pewter, Red
    00 SS 94 Z28 Droptop

I am replacing the o2s, they were still under warranty. So I got those today
    and did three corners of springs, rotors and brakes. Ran out of barrowed time from the wife and kids, something about having a newborn. I really appreciate all the help guys. So if I send my computer to Frost will be sufficient, or do I need a dyno? Thanks
    -Ronnie

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by UnderHisGrace View Post
    I am replacing the o2s, they were still under warranty. So I got those today
    and did three corners of springs, rotors and brakes. Ran out of barrowed time from the wife and kids, something about having a newborn. I really appreciate all the help guys. So if I send my computer to Frost will be sufficient, or do I need a dyno? Thanks
    -Ronnie
    I've heard of Frost nailing down head/cam swaps with mail orders.

Thread Information