Has anyone used the Iat timing trick to..

This is a discussion on Has anyone used the Iat timing trick to.. within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I was thinking of trying to use a relay and resistor in the iat sensor wiring like the nitrous guys ...

Has anyone used the Iat timing trick to..

I was thinking of trying to use a relay and resistor in the iat sensor wiring like the nitrous guys do but instead of for nitrous make it so it retards the timing on a button like an antilag setup to help spool the turbo and launch the car harder off the converter. I am going to try this out once the car is on the road but was just wondering if anyone has done it yet...

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

If your ultimate goal is to pull some timing i would do it the right way and have a tuner adjust it for ya, otherwise bad things will probly happen.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

I think I know what you are getting at. I use MSD stuff on the older cars that come equipped with a retard function just for things like this.

As far as doing it on a 4th gen that is all computerized,,,well I don't know for sure. There may be a way to do this in the tune with an activation switch of some sort, but I think Frost would be best to answer that one.

I thought MSD made a 2 step that was plug and play for the 4th gens, I would think they might have a timing retard plug and play on the market as well since they offer that for alot of other newer cars. Just thinking outloud here.

They are avail. Ligenfelter has a nice one. I just thought I could save the $300 and use the iat timing table and a $5 switch. And spend the $300 on slicks. Haha.

black
    01 ss z28 vertt

Quote Originally Posted by spaz1 View Post
    I was thinking of trying to use a relay and resistor in the iat sensor wiring like the nitrous guys do but instead of for nitrous make it so it retards the timing on a button like an antilag setup to help spool the turbo and launch the car harder off the converter. I am going to try this out once the car is on the road but was just wondering if anyone has done it yet...
    get it tuned.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Trust me, if it can be done then someone has already done it, and with a search of the almighty internet, you can find it. My guess is it can't, at least not effectively. I wouldn't risk trying it either - could be a very costly experiment...

black
    01 ss z28 vertt

yes i wouldn't try it either. Your basically "lying" to the ecm with either telling it your i.a.t is colder than the actual air or warmer either way your messing with the fuel tables, which could work either way by running your vehical either way lean or rich.

Thread Information