Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Thumbs up Got my PCM back yesterday.

I got my pcm back in yesterday from frost and put it back in right before i had to go to work. At first start it was idling funny but thats normal and after letting it run for about 10 minutes it was fine, then i drove it to work. I didnt drive crazy or anything to work because of traffic and just because its the first drive but i did notice a lot smoother idle and it sounded a little different. Well today i went for a drive down this road thats pretty long and not many cars are ever on it. I didnt really run it hard the first few runs but i did notice a much greater pull in 3rd, and 4th. After a few runs though i ran it twice real hard and i barely got it to chirp 4th. Every time i ran it hard i got it to chirp 3rd and it never ever even came close before the tune. The Gas smell is gone too and the car is running like a champ!!! If you have minor bolt ons like me mail order from frost would make a nice difference!

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Sweet! congrats. I will be soon. What all mods do you have exactly

Silver
    2000 z28

how much did the mail order cost i may go ahead and do it

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    I got my pcm back in yesterday from frost and put it back in right before i had to go to work. At first start it was idling funny but thats normal and after letting it run for about 10 minutes it was fine, then i drove it to work. I didnt drive crazy or anything to work because of traffic and just because its the first drive but i did notice a lot smoother idle and it sounded a little different. Well today i went for a drive down this road thats pretty long and not many cars are ever on it. I didnt really run it hard the first few runs but i did notice a much greater pull in 3rd, and 4th. After a few runs though i ran it twice real hard and i barely got it to chirp 4th. Every time i ran it hard i got it to chirp 3rd and it never ever even came close before the tune. The Gas smell is gone too and the car is running like a champ!!! If you have minor bolt ons like me mail order from frost would make a nice difference!

Thanks; I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your calibration!

The mail order tunes are the result of trying to create base tunes that once loaded, get me as close as possible on the dyno in one shot while staying a shade safely conservative. I combine that with the bits of the street work that are common to all of the cars.

The mail order tuning page on my website can be found here: http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/services2.htm

Silver
    2000 z28

how long did it take to send it and get it back?

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

about a week but i took the slowest route possible. I have Pacesetter LTs, Pacesetter ORY, Hooker aerochamber muffler, SLP lid, and MSD wires. Thats about it for performance

Silver
    2000 z28

im getting headers and ory this friday if he still has em then hopefully next payday do the tune i didnt know it was that cheap i was waitin il cam swap but thats prolly gonna be lil ways out

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

I'm sending mine out to frost tomorrow can't wait to see what difference it makes 12s here i come haha I'm at 13.1 now i think this should do it

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

now that you say about the foul gas smell... i had the same thing. Now with the Frost tune, it doent stink anymore. Nothing but good things to say about the frost tune here!! very cheap and worth every penny. and gas milage has gone up 2-3mpg

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Frost does great work and his turnaround time is fast. It is probably one of the least expensive mods you can do and yet it nets you the biggest gains for the price in both performance and driveability.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Frost does great work and his turnaround time is fast. It is probably one of the least expensive mods you can do and yet it nets you the biggest gains for the price in both performance and driveability.
    Thats what i hear all the time, so i'm sure i'll be a very happy customer when i get my computer back cant wait to finally take advantage of the mods i've done.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Add me to the very glad I sent my PCM to Frost..

This things runs great now and shifts like a mf....

Don
    Last edited by donman; 07-21-2010 at 06:29 PM.
    2002 CETA - ASC# 0008 - 9-7-2001 | Pacesetter LT| TSP ORY| Magnaflow CB | Poly M-Mounts | ASA Cam | 3600 stall | Tuned By Frost <mail order>

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Just sent mine to frost today one thing I forgot to write on the sheer was the skip shift does he get rid of that?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    Just sent mine to frost today one thing I forgot to write on the sheer was the skip shift does he get rid of that?

I heard that he does

Thanks for all of the nice words guys; I'm happy to be able to help.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I heard that he does

Thanks for all of the nice words guys; I'm happy to be able to help.
    haha well Thank you i wish i lived closer i'd rather do a dyno tune but this will be great for now. Once more work is done to the car i'll trailer it to VA and get a full tune

Pewter
    2002 z28 A4

yeah i had mine tuned by him like a month ago. awesome! very noticeable

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Just got my computer back today, rough idle maybe for 5 seconds. no lights on gotta love that. The smell seems the same but i didnt expect that to go away. Power seems to be up a little more than before after 3000rpm but not really sure, i've only driven the car a few miles so maybe its gotta "break in" a little bit. I'm sure theres a couple kinks to work out. But already happy. I just want to see what it can do

White
    09 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    haha well Thank you i wish i lived closer i'd rather do a dyno tune but this will be great for now. Once more work is done to the car i'll trailer it to VA and get a full tune
    A freind of mine had a Frost mail order tune. Couple of weeks ago we took his T/A up 4 a dyno session, and the mail order was just about spot on. Steve Really knows his craft. I can't wait to take the G8.
    09 G8 GT, Custom Grind Texas speed (Comp Manu) cam 112deg., Ported Throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt & cats,magnaflow, Circle D stage 2 trans & stall,D.O.D. removed .660 Double valve springs some LS7 parts sprinkled in 4 good measure, etc.

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

I'm Frosted too and Steve you'll be happy to know, now my stock maf ends are utilized again too, thanks Bud.
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

Silver
    1998 TA Vert

Gonna bump this.

TUN3D BI FROST W3RK3D FOR M3! (Old ad...if you don't get it I understand)

Anywho I got Frost tuned and the car is running great. I had some CELs from lack of cats, EGR and AIR. Not only did the car pass emissions in VA, but it runs like a champ. When I update the mods to the car I'm gonna have him give me a new tune and HIGHLY recommend his services to anyone who think they may need them. Even if you don't think you need them...get one anyway!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information