Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Frost?

This is a discussion on Frost? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Frost If you have the TechII, get a running scan. If it is high, the fuel trimming ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    If you have the TechII, get a running scan. If it is high, the fuel trimming will be all very highly +

You won't have LTFTs, so look to the STFTs after the car is up to full temp.
    Okie dokie....can do. I will try to get pic and as much info out of this thing as I can. I don't know what the hell all of that jumbo means But I plan to scan the shit out of that thing and check everything I can. I will write it down and post. Then if all goes well and I can pin point something.....next will be

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well.....update! We sprayed down the entire engine with starting fluid to look for vaccum leaks and found none. Double checking every vaccum line...they look good. Haven't been able to get the tech 2 yet but hopefully since we are lost without it

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

It needs to be fully tuned with a wideband sooner or later anyway, and the tuner will be able to pinpoint your problem (assuming he's not a hack), so...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, no vacuum leaks. Double checked every connection and sprayed down with starting fluid and had no issues. Still haven't gotten the Tech 2 but hopefully soon. We did do a full throttle plug pull and it was as white as rice so no more driving it til we figure it out. Looking for a tuner around my area to take a look too.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Car gets scanned by Tech 2 on Monday.....got a appointment One step closer to geting her running tip top

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Car gets scanned by Tech 2 on Monday.....got a appointment One step closer to geting her running tip top
    I'm not sure how that will help you...

The answer is in this thread to your problems though, whether it's what your looking for or not is something else all together.

SOM
    2002 SS

Do yourself a favor and save yourself time. go buy a wideband o2 setup and weld in a bung and see wth is happening !

black trans am

what if he melts the o2 wire its self... i know on the driver side its a pain in the as keeping it off the header

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

A TechII can be less-than-useful for a car with these type of mods unless you really know what you are looking at. Even then, it's not a tuning tool.

A tuner can make short work of issues like this in person.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

A TechII can be less-than-useful for a car with these type of mods unless you really know what you are looking at. Even then, it's not a tuning tool.

A tuner can make short work of issues like this in person.
    I am just making sure the sensors are all working. The mechanic I'm talking it too did all of my bolt ons and been a mechanic for 30 years with all certifications out there. I have found a tuner that will take a look at it, but I'm contempating just parking it for the winter and do it next spring since I may add a Fast 92/92, EWP and injectors this winter that would throw off a tune...........don't want to do it twice

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, its been scanned. The Injector pulse is off a big amount, all sensors checked out and triple checked for vaccum leaks which there is none. So now, no more guessing......it needs a dyno tune. So I thought long and hard and just going to have LS1speed do it next spring so maybe I can get mods ^ above done and make it just a lil bit faster yet....

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Well, its been scanned. The Injector pulse is off a big amount, all sensors checked out and triple checked for vaccum leaks which there is none. ...

Injectors are dynamic. In order to know what they SHOULD be, there are about 20 prior variables that have to be crunched to determine final fueling. Further, once the car is in closed loop, IT is in control of the fueling. If it is wrong at that point, it's in the data going to the PCM (from the sensors!). Post all of the injector data details that the shop provided so we can see them; it's a most dubious assertion.

There is only one acceptable check for vacuum leaks on these cars (spraying cleaner and listening for idle changes doesn't work on a car with closed loop air and fuel controls), how did they perform it for you?

Though I don't doubt it needs tuning, I have tuned that cam many many times. I understand that you are frustrated, but being lean does not kill O2s, and a properly operating car corrects lean spots as part of closed loop. 131 and 151 are not tune related. If your car worked right, when it went into closed loop it would correct itself based on feedback from those sensors. A failing MAF (or one coated in K&N oil) that reports extremely low but doesn't code, wiring problems to the O2s (or bad O2s), misfires, large intake or exhaust leaks cause these codes. I have fixed these codes on dozens and dozens of local cars, and you can bet that the answer is on the list I made just above.

Post up some details related to the tests that you had done on the car, maybe there is something else to see that was missed. It's very likely since someone told you that the 'injector pulse was off'.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Injectors are dynamic. In order to know what they SHOULD be, there are about 20 prior variables that have to be crunched to determine final fueling. Further, once the car is in closed loop, IT is in control of the fueling. If it is wrong at that point, it's in the data going to the PCM (from the sensors!). Post all of the injector data details that the shop provided so we can see them; it's a most dubious assertion.

There is only one acceptable check for vacuum leaks on these cars (spraying cleaner and listening for idle changes doesn't work on a car with closed loop air and fuel controls), how did they perform it for you?

Though I don't doubt it needs tuning, I have tuned that cam many many times. I understand that you are frustrated, but being lean does not kill O2s, and a properly operating car corrects lean spots as part of closed loop. 131 and 151 are not tune related. If your car worked right, when it went into closed loop it would correct itself based on feedback from those sensors. A failing MAF (or one coated in K&N oil) that reports extremely low but doesn't code, wiring problems to the O2s (or bad O2s), misfires, large intake or exhaust leaks cause these codes. I have fixed these codes on dozens and dozens of local cars, and you can bet that the answer is on the list I made just above.

Post up some details related to the tests that you had done on the car, maybe there is something else to see that was missed. It's very likely since someone told you that the 'injector pulse was off'.
    I wasn't there when he did the tests, and he did it for free which is a plus I don't have the data for the injectors unfor. He tested the connections and lines for leaks, which we have went over and over. The MAF was cleaned before install (With Maf cleaner) and I am running a non-oil air filter. Exhaust was just done and it was put up and looked at while running, no ticks, and no soot on the underbody. I don't have all of his data which sucks but he said the voltage was good for the sensors....... Getting it to a tuner to data log everything is my only option at this point, since a Tech 2 isn't a tuner and my mechanic doesn't tune, he just wrenches.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

It sucks I can't give you anymore info from the scanner. Its impossible for you to try to figure it out with what little information I have at my disposal. I will just fill er up, put some sta-bil in and put it on jackstands til I can get it to a tuner around my area with a dyno. And......after some more mods I appreciate all the suggestions you have swung my way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information