$ 25,000 panty dropper VENOMOUS's Avatar

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

flashing ses light but no codes??

Okay I am getting the occasional flashing ses light but have no codes to refer to.( p300,302,303 etc.) I have checked all the threads and found no solution. Changed plugs, wires, o2s cleaned MAF, NO luck. Please help!

Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

A flashing SES or MIL light indicates you have a catalyst damaging malfunction in your engine. It could be a misfire or a rich running condition. If you have cats your best bet would be to shut the car off and get it to a shop ASAP. what mods do you have done or what did you do right before this problem started occurring?

2000 Camaro SS, M6, Edelbrock LT's, Eibach Pro-Kit, Edelbrock Adjustable Coil-Overs
    1986 Camaro Iroc LS1 Swap In Progress

Blue Magic...
    Like Pepsi It's A Brand Name...

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMagic08 View Post
    A flashing SES or MIL light indicates you have a catalyst damaging malfunction in your engine. It could be a misfire or a rich running condition. If you have cats your best bet would be to shut the car off and get it to a shop ASAP. what mods do you have done or what did you do right before this problem started occurring?
    I understand what the light means after searching days of threads, but can't get a code to find out what might be the culprit. It's a daily driver for the most part and NOTHING was done prior to the flashing SES. I had noticed it got richer and richer over the past few months to the point of about 14 mpg when I could squeeze 20 -22 from her. Changed plugs, O2s , checked all wires and extensions, switched to the Corvette rears O2s, cleaned MAF, checked plug wires ( OHMs). Everything I could think of and was recommended by the members here and LS1TECH. Even replaced header gaskets with same results? Any other help is appreciated.
    No I don't have cats and am running an factory 346,tr230 rev. split, Hooker 1 7/8LT and catback with dump, UD pulley,MSDs, TR55@.055, 918 springs.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Did you get the Cats error code deleted?
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge91 View Post
    Did you get the Cats error code deleted?
    From what I understand Yes. But after looking at a freeze frame I do show stft and ltft form 3&4 which I thought were post cat O2s?

Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

So it's adding fuel.... that's interesting.... I was gonna say check the injectors for a leaky one until you said that..... but now I'm kinda at a loss.... That's real odd....

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

a flashing SES light means there is a misfire. plug, wire, coil.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

It just occured to me... did you check the history and maturing codes or just the current codes?? Also if you have a scanner you may want to let the car run for a few while checking the data and see if you see anything irregular

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by VENOMOUS View Post
    From what I understand Yes. But after looking at a freeze frame I do show stft and ltft form 3&4 which I thought were post cat O2s?

There is no 3&4. There is B1S1, B1S2, B2S1, and B2S2. The rear O2s (both S2's) have no effect on fueling.

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    a flashing SES light means there is a misfire. plug, wire, coil.
    Agreed.

If it smells rich and you are losing MPG, the misfire is real. The fresh (unburned) air from the misfiring cylinder appears as a lean condition to your narrowband O2's which causes the car to [incorrectly] compensate by pouring in a ton of extra fuel in an attempt to 'make up' for a lean spot that isn't a lean spot at all...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i think he meant the 3 & 4 being the % for the stft and ltft. so, it's adding fuel. being +/-4 is really good.

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i think he meant the 3 & 4 being the % for the stft and ltft. so, it's adding fuel. being +/-4 is really good.
    On the scanner I looked at the fuel trims and it showed stft and ltft for 1-4 and stft 3,ltft 3, stft4 and ltft 4 were in the + 50's and 60's?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

+50-60 is maxed out; thats a hard and steady misfire.

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    +50-60 is maxed out; thats a hard and steady misfire.
    Injectors or wires left. I've changed everything else. MSD wires are about 30K old but looked over them and saw no flaws. Ohmed 4 and got 22-23 ohms? I'm starting to think injector. I swapped complete coil pack bracket off of known good car and no change? ANy ideas?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

pull the plugs, one or more WILL BE WET. Those MSD wires have no positive locking *snap* so sometimes it's hard to tell if they are fully seated.

Thread Information